Search Unity

Black terrain Unity 2018 1.1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Silveralby, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Silveralby

Silveralby

Hey guys I recently installed unity 2018 1.1 and I have a black terrain problem as seen in the image. With the version I had before 5.6.4 I never had this problem. How can I solve? Thank's
    Cattura.JPG

2. xVergilx

xVergilx

Make sure your terrain uses up-to-date materials with proper shaders. Check your terrain settings.

3. Silveralby

Silveralby

Hi VergilUa thanks for the answer. I set the material from "built in standard" to "custom" in the terrain setting and the problem is solved. In your opinion is the right solution for not having bad surprises by developing the game? Thanks

4. xVergilx

xVergilx

I was having lots of issues with the terrain default shader, so I've replaced it partially, can't say I'm regretting it.
    You won't get any bad surprises by doing so. You can always switch back once another update is released to check if it was fixed.

Also, feel free to experiment with the shaders, there's plenty on the Asset Store available for the terrain, and lots of examples on the net how to implement it on your own.

In any case, in nearest future we can expect terrain system improvements, somewhere along 2018.x, so that's a good sign.