Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Black spots in Lightmapping

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by GeekCats, Feb 13, 2017.

1. GeekCats

GeekCats

I was left wondering if it was a bug or setup error. That's because I saw that it had been fixed in 5.4.
    I attached the images. First I tried with 10 in Lightmapping resolution and than with 40, but the issue continues.
    This is a bug or settings?
    Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 11.21.50 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 11.21.57 AM.png

2. Arkade

Arkade

Does the problem disappear when you clear baked data (i.e. clear lightmaps)?
    (I'm just a user but I'm seeing a vaguely similar problem related to Allegorithmic Substances that survives lightmap clearing.)

3. GeekCats

GeekCats

@Arkade,

Yes, I tried clear baked data, no changes.

4. Arkade

Arkade

So what tells you this relates to light mapping? (If you'll forgive the impudent question -- meant to help!)

5. pojoih

pojoih

Looks like overlapping lightmap UVs. Try turn on "Generate Lightmaps UVs" in the import options of your meshes.

mzr, IDmikael and virgiliunovi like this.
  6. GeekCats

GeekCats

Because this is a image with NO lightmaping. The Black Spots appears after baked the lights.

nolightmapping.jpg

7. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @GeekCats

As @pojoih righteously said, it seems that you have overlapping UVs on your mesh, please consider enabling `Generate Lightmap UVs` option from the import settings of your mesh.

If not try setting backface tolerance to zero in case this is a single-sided mesh, see how you can do that through this post: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/progressive-lightmapper-in-5-6-beta-6.454362/#post-2944834

Thanks!

8. GeekCats

GeekCats

WORKS!!!!

@Arkade, @pojoih and @kemalakay
    Thanks a lot!!!!

kemalakay likes this.