Search Unity

Black Splash Screen when XR (VR) is activated (Supported) on Build Settings - 2018.4LTS

Discussion in 'Android' started by fcloss, May 20, 2020.

1. fcloss

fcloss

Hi,

Hope this message can reach someone from Unity team.

I am currently using Unity 2018.4 LTS (v19). When I build my app with XR (Virtual Reality Supported) enabled, the static splash image does not work, it shows a black screen on the device. My VR SDKs enabled are None and Cardboard. To solve it, I just had to disable XR, but my app now has a VR feature, so it is not a solution.

It this issue already known, does a workaround exist?

When searching for this issue I've found this post: https://answers.unity.com/questions/1644944/when-build-to-android-no-splash-screen-and-hangs-o.html

And tried disabling XR because in the comments there are a: "never mind - i actually solved this by disabling the XR in build settings, i had enabled it by accident earlier for another build." So it seems to happen with other versions of Unity too.

Thanks in advance.
    Fernando

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. fcloss

fcloss

3. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

I don't know about it, but I pointer this thread to our XR guys.

4. fcloss

fcloss

Thanks a lot!

5. dominykasm

dominykasm

Unity Technologies

6. fcloss

fcloss

Because I just wanted a static image as a launch screen that shows immediately at the start of the app. It has been like this for 8 years already. I had no intention to change it (even if forced by Apple new rules for iOs). The static splash screen has always served me good enough, while the Unity's splash screen with a blurred image background makes no sense to me. Actually, for me the regular one was always the static one, otherwise it would be a simple scene to load the main scene. But I've always believed that the static image would be shown faster than a simple scene, always believing that the lower layer was implemented in a logic way.

7. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

8. fcloss

fcloss

9. dominykasm

dominykasm

Unity Technologies

@fcloss might've misunderstood your issue. Is there a black screen instead of a static splash and then the app loads into whatever scene it was built or it doesn't load ever into a scene there's a constant black screen?

10. fcloss

fcloss

Hi. There is a black screen instead of the static splash and then the scene loads normally. It is just the static splash image that does not show. BR.

11. fcloss

fcloss

@dominykasm Any news about it? Thanks.

12. fcloss

fcloss