Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Black skybox with VR enabled

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by rmuk, Feb 29, 2016.

1. rmuk

rmuk

I've been bringing my project over from 5.3.2 to 5.4 to take advantage of the VR performance improvements, and it was going quite well until today when all of my skyboxes started rendering as black. I had made a build a few days ago and all was fine there, however now after opening the project, all scenes have this issue. No changes were made between the time of that build and now. If I try and create a new empty project and just enable VR, it doesn't actually enter VR mode and my DK2 doesn't light up blue. I also tried it with and without the Oculus utilities added to the project and it made no difference.

EDIT: I should note that the editor preview renders the skybox just fine, and the game panel when NOT in play mode shows the skybox as well. It's only once I press play that it turns black. Also, the rest of the scene renders fine. It's just the skybox that doesn't.

EDIT2: I'm also seeing this (likely related) warning:
    Tiled GPU perf. warning: RenderTexture color surface (1201x1464) was not cleared/discarded, doing PlayerEndOfFrame/VR.Blit

EDIT3: Just tried a build on the GearVR itself and the issue wasn't present. It's only present in the editor.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Which beta? and could we get a bug report? Please list the bug # so we can follow up.

3. rmuk

rmuk

This is in 5.4.0.B7 and has actually gotten a bit worse since posting. Now, when I hit play, it doesn't activate my DK2, however build still work on the GearVR when tested on device.

EDIT: With regards to the bug report. If I submit one, but decline to include any project files, is that at all beneficial to you? I'm not sure that I can send these files currently. I can look into getting permission for that. but in the meantime, let me know if it would still be beneficial to send them.

4. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

If you can create a simple project reproducing it, that'd help a lot. Additionally the bug reporter collects extra information about hardware, etc so we can confirm what to try and reproduce internally against.

But, a bug report without a project is fine, only if we can validly reproduce it with the steps offered in the report in an empty project