Search Unity

Question Black screen when running ar foundation with URP but works fine without URP

Discussion in 'AR' started by slowDrag0n, Jun 20, 2020.

1. slowDrag0n

slowDrag0n

I trying to make ar app with ar foundation and arcore on android. when i build the game without urp everything works fine. But im unable to convert my project to urp since on converting to urp the app start to black screen and stays that way no matter what. The particles for feature points and the plane prefab can be seen but the camera does not render anything hence the black screen. What could i be doing wrong here?
    Unity 2019.4.0f1
    AR Foundation 2.1.8
    AR Subsystems 2.1.2
    AR Core XR Plugin 2.1.8
    Universal RP 7.3.1

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  2. rizviha

rizviha

3. Roggi_

Roggi_

Iam having the same issue. I followed that guide and it still doesn't work.

4. slowDrag0n

slowDrag0n

thankfully i got it working before transcending into insanity. you have to upgrade all these mentioned packages to latest versions (forget the 201x.x verified CRAP!). this'll allow you to create arbackgroundrendererfeature in custom fr asset. the "verified" versions dont have this and he cam doesnt render without it. i also upgraded urp just in case dont know if that makes any difference. AND this is important. you HAVE TO check arcore in xr section in project settings. deploy and enjoy.

ps if it still dont work. try check logcat

unnanego likes this.
  5. Roggi_

Roggi_

Thanks for the tips but none of that made it work for me.

6. slowDrag0n

slowDrag0n

wat do logcat say?