Search Unity

Black screen or glitchfest when using HDRP in builds without any errors.

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Rick882, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Rick882

Rick882

Hi,

We are creating an application where the user can explore a city with a fps style controller. We are having some issues with the HDRP.

The city itself is quite large and uses a lot of resources. However it is all quite optimsed as it runs smoothly in the editor. When the game is build it takes a lot of time but in the end it creates a runnable executable. Sadly the executable only shows a black screen or some sort of glitchfest (see attached image).
    snippet.png
    The rest of the game functions correctly, i can hear the audio and the game recives input. Also i can see in the profiler that the game is indeed running because it generates data.

I've looked into the logs of the build but sadly there aren't any hints why this is happening there.
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ID=0x1b81)
    Vendor: (null)
    VRAM: 3072 MB
    Driver: 26.21.14.4575
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    - Completed reload, in 2.690 seconds
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'HDRP/Lit' - All passes removed
    WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
    D3D11 device created for Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding.
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 11.200500 ms
    Setting up 6 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 56f4 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 814 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 14e8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 16e0 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 3f74 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 47a4 -> priority: 1
    Culling group was not disposed. You have to call Dispose explicitly from the main thread. This will likely result in a crash.
    (Filename: Line: 70)

I have creaded a clean project with the HDRP and imported some of the assets into this project. When i add some of the buildings it functions. However at some point there seems to be a breakpoint to what it can handle. Wich is strange because the full project works like a charm in the editor.

I dont really know how to proceed from here. Does anyone know a solve for this problem or a way to further diagnose the issues I'm having?

2. id0

id0

I had a black screen in the build. I created unitypackage from my project and imported into a new project. It helped then.