Search Unity

Bug Black screen on iOS after update to 2020.2.1 or 2020.3.5

Discussion in 'AR' started by St-Aaron, May 2, 2021.

1. St-Aaron

St-Aaron

I've been working on an AR project (2 scenes, one without AR and one with) on Unity version 2020.1.16f1, and so far everything has been going fine. Using URP and the ARForwardRenderer has been added.
    Providers for ARKit and ARCore have also been enabled.
    In short, the project was set up with all the recommendations and necessities in place and was working fine.

Last week we did an upgrade to 2020.2.1 because we needed the callbacks on Request.RequestUserPermission for Android and it went more or less painless (I say more or less because the Device Simulator package keeps on disappearing after every Android build, but that is another problem). ARFoundation is still working fine on Android. On iOS we keep on getting:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. No active UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRSessionSubsystem is available. Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    2. UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    3. UnityEngine.Logger:LogFormat(LogType, String, Object[])
    4. UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarningFormat(String, Object[])
    5. UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.SubsystemLifecycleManager`3:GetActiveSubsystemInstance()
    6. UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.SubsystemLifecycleManager`3:EnsureSubsystemInstanceSet()
    7. UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARSession:OnEnable()
    8. No ARSession available for the current platform. Please ensure you have installed the relevant XR Plugin package for this platform via the Package Manager.
    9. UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    10. UnityEngine.Logger:LogFormat(LogType, String, Object[])
    11. UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarningFormat(String, Object[])
    12. UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARSession:OnEnable()
    Checked and double checked all the settings and everything is still as it should be.
    We went back to 2020.1.16 (did the update on seperate branch) and tried updating to 2020.3.5, but we get the exact same result.

We have no real idea of how to proceed from here.
    On request I can post screenshots of all the necessary settings.

Kind regards

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

3. St-Aaron

St-Aaron

Hey @TreyK-47 , thank you for the response.
    Like I mentioned in the OP, that was definitely not the issue here.
    The project was working fine on 2020.1.16f1 and only on iOS we started getting that error after upgrading to 2020.2.1. We checked and double-checked to make sure everything was still configured as it should be and the XR Management was one of the first things we suspected as well, but everything there was at it should be.

Kind regards

4. todds_unity

todds_unity