Search Unity

Black screen on executing build with Oculus CV1 on Unity 5.5.1p2

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by pdq72, Feb 8, 2017.

1. pdq72

pdq72

Hello,

I get a black screen in the Rift HMD whenever I create and execute a new build, only my monitor displays the scene (albeit frozen). I have tried this with an empty project and I get the same problem. I've attached the output_log.txt. If I run the build while the Oculus App home page is up, the home page stays up.

VR works fine in the Editor and works with running previous builds from Unity versions prior to 5.5.1f1. Using Unity native VR support (not Oculus utilities)

As I no longer have a previous Unity versions installed, I am unable to try building on another version.

Using Unity v5.5.1p2
    Oculus runtime 1.11
    Windows 7 64 bit

I seem to be having this problem since Unity 5.5.1f1. I had not made any other software or hardware changes to my machine other than updating Unity.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. pdq72

pdq72

With the aid of the Oculus staff, I found the solution and maybe a Unity bug. Apparently "Plugins/OVRPlugin.dll" is not being created in the _Data folder during the build, even though the Oculus SDK is added in settings. See screenshot.

As soon as I added it manually, it worked. Can anyone else confirm?

Attached Files:

3. pdq72

pdq72

This is another followup: Is anyone else having an issue with the "Plugins" folder not being created during a build. This has once again crept up for seemingly no apparent reason. I did a fresh install of unity 5.5.1p3, oculus drivers, and Visual studio. It was working fine for a couple of weeks, but once again has reverted to this problem. The OVRPlugin.dll is not being saved to the Plugins folder during build, nor is the Plugins folder even being created. I have to keep manually creating the folder and copying over the dll.