Search Unity

Black screen in Unity games (games I play, NOT games I'm a developer of)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jason_arnold, Feb 22, 2018.

1. jason_arnold

jason_arnold

Hello, I have 2 separate Unity-based games that present me with a black screen on load (can still see cursors and hear audio). The first, Star Trek Timelines, is loaded through Steam and used to play fine on my system until I uninstalled the Unity dev environment. I've loaded other Steam titles and they display fine. The second, Star Trek Adversaries, is also a Unity-based title, but is installed standalone in Windows itself.

I've done a search here in the forums and found this thread. The proposed "fix" doesn't make sense to me and the final post mentions contacting support since my problem isn't dev-related, which I tried... but support directed me here to the forums, so here I am.

My system is running Windows 10 and my graphics card is an ATI HD 7870 running Radeon Software Version 17.7. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the games, as well as both Steam and Unity, and also updating/reverting my ATI drivers - no change.

I've attached the logfiles from both games on boot in hopes there's a clue in there somewhere. TIA!

Attached Files:

2. mgear

mgear

dasdarkseed and jason_arnold like this.
  3. jason_arnold

jason_arnold

Amazing. Such a simple solution. Found my fix for AMD cards at the bottom of page 1:

"I went to AMD Radeon settings and under 'display' changed scaling mode from 'preserve aspect ratio' to 'full panel'. Worked perfectly for me. Games are running again."
    Many thanks, mgear!

4. dasdarkseed

dasdarkseed

That saved me from a lot more frustration... I had this problem in a laptop. I would never think of checking something like this!

5. unity_0AD426A006EE51C47EE8

unity_0AD426A006EE51C47EE8

Hi, All! First of all I'm new in here and want to discuss about unity issues and some other games issues during my game development and I face through many many issues and errors and right now my game is stuck on black screen and it seems like my game is not loading while the game is running on unity editor but when I making a build for android and testing it in my phone then it shows me the black screen
    Can anyone help me solve this issue.
    Thank you!