Search Unity

Bug Black Screen in Game Scene using OpenGL Core

Discussion in 'VR' started by Fr4nze, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Fr4nze

Fr4nze

Hi everyone! I am quite new to developing projects in Unity and I am encountering certain issues with a VR project that I am currently working on. Therefore I apologise in advance for making mistakes in Unity vocabulary so please bare with me :D.

Problem

I am using an HTC VIVE Cosmos Elite with the VR project and when I use the OpenGL Core as the graphics API, I am encountering the following issues:

1. Black Screen (or no input) in the Game Scene tab within the Unity Editor.
    2. When I put on the HMD I do not see the compiled Unity game scene and it stays forever in the "mountain view" of SteamVR.
    This is what I mean by black screen:

upload_2022-7-19_10-52-54.png

I tried manually switching to the application using the HMD menu, but this did not fix the issue. I am not getting any errors with the HMD (neither from Unity, nor SteamVR).

I have also tried restarting Unity, updating the HMD drivers (as well as reset the HMD), Updating Windows and various plug-unplug methods. Nothing has worked so far and I can't find anyone having a similar issue on other forum discussions.

Further Background on the Project

I am exclusively using SteamVR (downloaded from the asset store) for the Camera Rig and other VR features in the project (teleportation for instance).

Here you can find the Player settings:

upload_2022-7-19_10-55-59.png

And here you will find the XR Plug-in Management settings:

upload_2022-7-19_10-57-12.png

System Information:
    • VR Headset: HTC VIVE Cosmos Elite
    • Game Engine: Unity 2020.3.15f2
    • Graphics API: OpenGL Core 4.5
    • GPU and driver version: Nvidia GeForce 2080, driver version 451.67 (yes the driver is outdated, but unless absolutely necessary I don't want to update it)

Any recommendation to fix this is highly appreciated! Also if you need more information please let me know, I am unsure what else to add in this post that could help in solving this!

Thanks a lot for your time

Attached Files: