Search Unity

Black screen hiding new Unity 5.5 splash screen

Discussion in 'Android' started by icebear007, Dec 9, 2016.

1. FMTharak

FMTharak

Just created a new project, save scene, build and run. Same thing happens before unity's logo.

2. Mark-Sweeney

Mark-Sweeney

I'm getting the same thing on 5.6.1f1 for iOS. Even with iPhone Launch screen set to None, it was still showing Legacy Launch Images before the new launch screen for Personal Edition. Removing the images from Legacy Launch Images just gives you a blank screen before the Personal Edition launch screen

3. raydekk

raydekk

I'm getting a gray screen before my splash screen on iOS, then the spash screen is shown. On Unity Plus 5.6.1p3 now.

Settings: Light on Dark
    Animation: Custom
    Logo Zoom: 0
    Background Zoom: 0.3
    Logo Duration: 4
    Overlay opacity: 0.2

One logo, one background image and one alternate portrait image. Though removing the portrait image didn't do anything.
    Launch screens are set to None.

4. ofusion

ofusion

I find the same problem int my project.

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Did this problem occur in 5.5? If you remove the background image and change the background color does the initial color change or is it always gray?

6. Mark-Sweeney

Mark-Sweeney

I don't know if it happened in 5.5
    Removing the background image, deleting the app off the iPhone and reinstalling it removes the old launch image, but you get the grey blank screen first. I assume it's the default launch images (as shown below from Xcode) showing up anyway?

http://mark-sweeney.com/Unity3d/LaunchImages.png

If I delete the launch images in Xcode, I get a stretched out version of the app icon showing up instead of the launch images.

7. frg_vadim

frg_vadim

I'm sorry if I'm asking something that has been asked before in this thread, but still:

I'm making Android game with Unity 5.6.2f1 using animated splash screen and I have a black splash screen problem too. Here is how it happens:

1. Start the application
    2. While Splash Screen is shown(the game is loading) press home button to minimize the application
    3. Come back to the application, 5 out of 10 times screen will be filled black instead of selected background image.

Weird thing is that it doesn't happen every time, a timing of pressing home button has to be whatnot precise.

If any of you guys run into this issue before and know of a solution.

8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

I have not heard of this issue. Can you file a bug report please.