Search Unity

Black screen for a short while when playing fullscreen movie

Discussion in 'Android' started by Enzign, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Enzign

Enzign

Hi,
    We have a completely white splash screen, and our first scene contains a camera with a white background color. In that scene we run:

Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie(clipName, Color.white, FullScreenMovieControlMode.CancelOnInput, FullScreenMovieScalingMode.AspectFill);

Even though we have white everywhere the screen goes black a little while before playing the movie. And when it starts it also goes black before showing the first frame. If i comment out the line to play the movie it's all white until i get to the next scene. Is it possible to get rid of these two black blinkings when playing a movie?
    On iOS it looks good the whole time without any black blinkings.

EDIT: There seems to be nothing that can be done about this since it involves switching activities in Android. So unless that activity switch could be called with some kind of background color while it's switching or something, there will always be a black screen for a short moment when playing video in Android.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. coshea

coshea

I have the same issue, thanks for your post. It's a bit rubbish. Unity devs, what do you think? Any way around this?

Thanks
    Chris

miaodadao likes this.
  3. Karolis Norkunas

Karolis Norkunas

Unity Technologies

What version of Unity you are using?

4. coshea

coshea

Pro 4.5.2