Search Unity

Black screen before splash screen

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by DJacquemin, Sep 26, 2019.

1. DJacquemin

DJacquemin

Hi,

I'm building a VR application for smartphone and I have a problem with the splash screen.
    A black screen appears for approximately 10 seconds before the splash screen. The splash screen is then displayed for half a second and then disapears and the app continues normally.

I'm in Unity 2018.4.2f1 but I tried newer LTS releases and the problem persists in those versions.
    I also tried to change the Oculus version multiple times.
    I tried changing the preload assets, but whether the list is full of models or empty, the problem is still there.

I have other projects that use a splash screen, but none of them have this problem.
    I copied a working project and replaced the scene and assets but the problem reapear.
    All projects have exactly the same build configurations.
    I tried the "internal" and "gradle build", the "Mono" and "IL2CPP", changing the Android SDK, changing the minimum API level.
    When I watch the Android logcat, I don't see anything strange, no errors, nothing.
    I also tried to compile on another computer, but I still have the problem.

I made a test project where I only import Oculus SDK and the splash screen I want to display and it works fine.

I don't know what I'm missing.
    Do you have any idea ? Has somebody ever encountered a similar problem ?

P.S.: I use a Samsung S7 with Android 8.0 to test.

Thanks.

2. maherahmedraza

maherahmedraza

If you have turned on the development build then please switch it off Because it have also caused black screen for me and it how I get rid of it.

3. DJacquemin

DJacquemin

Unfortunately, the option is turned off.