Search Unity

Black screen and sound after splash screen in Android device

Discussion in 'Android' started by strongbox3d, Aug 5, 2018.

1. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello guys,

I am encountering this problem, where the splash screen appears and after that all I see is a black screen in my Android device. I am using Unity 2018 2.0f2 and a Samsung Galaxy 9. Have anyone here had the same problem? Has anyone found a solution for this?

FYI, I spent days in Google looking for solutions and found nothing that really fix the problem.

Regards,
    Carlos

2. amjaliks

amjaliks

What do you see in logcat? Maybe there is some clue.

3. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Which one? There's quite some models out there. They have different SoCs inside, and different GPUs.
    Also, that graphics API are you using?

4. v01pe_

v01pe_

Our game has the same issue… also appearing on Galaxy 9's also on e.g. Honor 6. In our case it seems to be linked to the APK – OBB split. The workaround that we're currently using is to tell people (that report the issue) to `Clear Cache` in system preferences. From then on it works w/o any issues.

It's annoying, b/c we're seeing a huge refund rate on Android and I think mainly because of this. Is there anything known about this, or an idea how we could fix this @aleksandrk ?

5. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

6. v01pe_

v01pe_

Not exactly, as we cannot reproduce the issue on our devices… only have users reporting it. Would it help if I sent our project as it currently is over? If yes, just as a regular bug report from within Unity?

7. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Sure. Yes, as a regular bug report.
    Would be very helpful if you could provide the exact models of the devices that this happens on.

8. v01pe_

v01pe_

I uploaded a bug report today… case number is `1098019`

9. AllisonSalmon

AllisonSalmon

We are having a similar issue so I'm hoping there is an update to this thread. We are using 2018.3.1f1.

We have customers reporting black screens on Galaxy S9 devices (The S9, S9+ and Note 9). It does not appear to be happening on every device and we are unable to reproduce either locally or using Firebase's test lab.

We are using a full screen overlay (from the Standard Asset Package). Disabling the full screen overlay fixes the issue. We would, however, prefer to find a solution other then just not using the overly.

Also some users are reporting that if they use androids split-screen feature the game will become visible.

10. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Black screen can be a result of a lot of factors. Please submit a bug report.

This sounds like it deserves a bug report as well :)

11. AllisonSalmon

AllisonSalmon

Thanks for replying! We actually just upgraded to 2018.3.11f1 yesterday and that seems to have fixed the black screen issue for our Galaxy S9 players!

We will however be submitting a bug report soon for another issue where we are getting reports of a frozen screen with flashing textures on Xiaomi Redmi 4 devices. This issue started occurring for those users when we upgraded our project from Unity 5.6 to Unity 2018.

12. IAmChiagozie

IAmChiagozie

I'm having the same problem here, any update on this issue yet?

The game plays fine on every devices I've tested, but one of my users who is playing with a Samsung A50 reports this black screen issue.

My game boots up, then goes to a black screen right after the 'made with unity' logo. But can hear the background music playing.

I'm on Unity 2020.1.3f1.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  13. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

@IAmChiagozie how can there be an update on an issue that has never been reported? :)
    Please report a bug.

14. IAmChiagozie

IAmChiagozie

Thank you for replying, but I've not had this issue with any of the devices I've tested my game on, so I don't exactly know how to reproduce the problem in order to submit a bug report.

The problem was reported by a user who plays with a Samsung A50.

15. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

You can just state this exactly when doing a bug report submission - you don't have any issues, there is an issue on A50. If our QA can reproduce this, the issue will get looked into by relevant developers.

IAmChiagozie likes this.
  16. rastleks

rastleks

People from this thread reported bugs. Any updates on them? May be you can give a link to this bug reports?

Gordyus likes this.