Search Unity

Bug Black screen after import package "com.unity.render-pipelines.core" in 2022.2.16f1

Discussion in 'VR' started by Tangerinejuice, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Tangerinejuice

Tangerinejuice

Hi,

I try to implement ray tracing in vr, based on INedelcu/RayTracingSRP: A custom Scriptable Render Pipeline using ray tracing only. (github.com). But failed. I only get black screen in quest and nothing wrong in editor.

I found "importing com.unity.render-pipelines.core" make openxr get black screen. This does not happen in version 2020 and 2021. It begins from version 2022. Here is how I produce the bug.

1. I forked a working custom vr srp TinyVRSRP
    2. Upgrade it to version 2022 and switch to openxr . In this version, it displays right result in oculus quest 1. commit1
    3. Import "com.unity.render-pipelines.core". Without actual using any api from it, get black screen in vr. If this package is removed, everything works again commit2.

You can try the project. Adding and removing "com.unity.render-pipelines.core" to check the result.

But it seems that I have to use 2022 or 2023, since `RayTracingInstanceCullingConfig` is implemented in version 2022.

Does "com.unity.render-pipelines.core" change render pipeline directly? It affects the result before being reference.

I tried on 3080 and 3070ti, I do not know if this is the case for other graphic card.

Thank you!