Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Black lightprobe after bake

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by mrCharli3, Jul 21, 2019.

1. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

What does it mean when a light probe looks like this after a bake? And why does it happen?

Its not touching anything, and all the others are fine.

2. Werti100

Werti100

Bump!
    I've been having the same exact issue. Using the 2019.1.10f1 version. I started getting this problem a couple days after I jumped on this version, so really don't know what caused this. it seems to happen to random probes too, because when I delete the probes that are black and re-bake, other, new probes will be black. Also should mention that I use the Progressive CPU light mapper.

Version : 2019.1.10f1
    Light mapper : Progressive CPU

3. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

In what kind of lighting setups are you predominantly experiencing this issue? Does this only happen in scenes containing a lot of indirect light?

It might be similar to the issue encounter by one of our forum users here - https://forum.unity.com/threads/some-light-probes-dark.636532/
    Please try rebaking the scene with Enlighten baked GI and see if the issue reproduces. Also, if your game does not absolutely need it, disable realtime GI as well and rebake.

4. Werti100

Werti100

I'm encountering this problem in a scene with a lot of ambient or indirect light, about 200 point lights, all in baked mode. We are actually already not using Realtime GI. I tried turning on realtime GI with Progressive CPU and it seems to make the lightprobe work, but is not a viable fix in this case since baking realtime GI takes forever or just doesn't get completed, i.e lightmapper getting stuck at one of the system tasks.

I tried enlighten baked GI only instead of Progressive CPU and it just got stuck to "Light Transport 7/11" so I can't tell you if that would fix it or not..

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
unityunity