Search Unity

Black friday bundles busted

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Xype, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Xype

Xype

I already own Gaia and CTS, I own everything but emerald AI and the forest pack in the worldbuilder bundle, however since gaia and cts are seat licenses, for me to get the deal it is forcing purchase of another copy of each. This would cost me more than buying the 2 assets I am missing outright at full price. Can we get that fixed before tomorrow please?

2. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I already owned everything in the bundle except for Coniferous Forest and it ended up stripping off all the assets I already own and only charged me the 22.05 for the discounted K4 asset. Are you trying to purchase on the new or old store? I was looking at the bundles through my affiliate program email and it took me to the new store so I just purchased there. Wonder if maybe it just isn't working right in the old store?

3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I dont see those deals

4. Xype

Xype

it was the new store.

5. Xype

Xype

6. Xype

Xype

I just checked again in case they fixed it, but its still trying to sell me cts and gaia again. Maybe has something to do with me having an organization the logins always get jumbled up between the 2.

7. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

It is making me buy Gaia as well and I already own it. Glitch?

8. Xype

Xype

yeah I think a glitch was hoping to get it fixed but I am only a plus user so its 5-7 days before they respond to my support requests.

9. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Still seeing the same thing.

10. Xype

Xype

yep looking like if we already purchased assets with seat licenses we get screwed on getting deals on the others. Wonderful.

11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I have Gaia, got an extra license from Humble Bundle and now they want to sell me a third lol. No thanks!

12. jbob007

jbob007

Same, if they can fix this I'll probably get the bundle!

13. cybersoft

cybersoft

Hi guys,

It works but you have to add products one by one (from the bundle) to the cart but not "get the bundle". And for example the bundle Essentials for Professionals use the coupon code : BUNDLESALEESSENTIALSFORPROFESSIONALS and you get discount for selected assets. That's it!

ddrght12345, jbob007 and SickaGames1 like this.
  14. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Boom there it is!

15. ddrght12345

ddrght12345

THANK YOU! That is the answer we needed.

cybersoft likes this.
  16. cybersoft

cybersoft

You welcome! :)

Coupon code is the right solution but I think that the Unity Team could make better functionality. They simply loose new buyers.

17. Xype

Xype

NOPE, doesnt come out to the same deal, see the price increase over using the bundle link?

Can see the prices from the bundle in the first post, its a lot higher it is a lot higher this way.

10$ more for coniferous forest, almost 9$ more for emerald.

18. Xype

Xype

if I have to pay more for them than others getting it through the bundle I won't bother with this impulse buy. If I can get the same deal I will buy it, that simple.

Seems to me using the coupon code method is scaling your discount based on the amount of products from the bundle you select, where purchasing the whole bundle gives you the entire discount just doesn't include ones you already own.

So thanks for trying but this workaround is not a workaround.

19. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Thanks for finding this bug. The bundle should be only requiring that you purchase all assets in the bundle that you have not purchased (or used a voucher for) previously. It should not be showing per-seat licenses to you if you already have one seat.

It also shouldn't allow you to remove assets from the bundle and still get the deal :)

Those bugs will be fixed shortly.

Thanks!

TonyLi likes this.
  20. Bochis

Bochis

Most asset store buttons don't even work for me :) I go to cart, total prices are loading eternally and proceed to checkout button doesn't do anything. Website overload with everyone rushing for the juicy offers? ^^

21. cybersoft

cybersoft

There must be a bug now on shopping cart page because I can not buy assets at all. It got stuck at checkout.

22. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

They must have fixed it. I got CTS in time :)

23. cybersoft

cybersoft

I can confirm the same issues.

24. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Same here cannot use check out

25. Xype

Xype

Thanks for responding, figured it was just a small system error, the website tends to have a few of those :)

26. Xype

Xype

The first day of big sales are always like that, you have to keep trying, the asset store gets clogged up with all the people whipping out their credit cards for cheap assets lol.

However if you are using google chrome, there is an issue with google chrome you hit checkout and it just has a spinny circle inside the button never goes to checkout. Edge doesn't have this issue, other option is to get all the things you want in your cart, open unity, then go to checkout from inside unity and itll go to the checkout page inside your default browser (even if that is chrome).

Edit: this is not a sale issue, this has been a problem for the entire existence of the new asset store, at least for me.

27. Xype

Xype

@AndrewAssetStore

Your post made me think and look at something else. The picking and choosing and using a coupon code for bundle items is still a bug (just checked for you it is fixed, coupon is not valid) but I have found thanks to your reply the cause of the problem. I got gaia and cts in the unity humble bundle. So I guess those codes were considered vouchers, and since I did that I am pretty much fubar'd on this sale....

Big favor next time you do something like that unity humble bundle, maybe warn people that it will disqualify them from packages in other sales that include the same items :(

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  28. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the insights. I'll have to check -- a voucher should be considered an entitlement in our backend, so whether you got it from Humble Bundle or the publisher gave it to you for your birthday (wouldn't that be nice??), it should be counted that you 'own' the license, and therefor don't have to buy it again. That's the intent anyway.

29. Xype

Xype

Oh cool, well check on it I still have a few days to jump on this so if that is the case and it gets fixed be great to grab emerald and coniferous. If not no biggy main thing is I don't need them right now so if I can't get the deal I will be waiting till i actually need them hehe.

30. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

I definitely want you to get the deal! :D They'll be available after the sale, but at a much smaller discount.

31. Xype

Xype

Just wanted to let you know, 1 the issue about seat licenses showing up is gone, however coupon code still works to let people just pick which assets they want from the bundle, you just changed the code didn't fix the issue. You got someone there doing Andre bugs lol.

32. Xype

Xype

I wouldn't use it as a permanent fix, but the easiest way to fix this quickly if you would like a suggestion.

1. Change the coupon code again, make it something not so easy to guess.
    2. Replace where it shows you the applied coupons, change the coupon code there to say "You applied a coupon" so it hides the actual code.

33. Manaburn

Manaburn

Nearly all these bundles are putting stuff in the cart I already own (opening the link and it says open in unity). It works better for some bundles rather than others.

World Building, only Gaia is wrong.
    Ultimate Characters works
    Quick Prototyping, Playmaker and Amplify are wrong.
    Essentials, Dot Tween and Qhierachy are wrong.

The only quick thought on what connects them might be they were purchased a long time ago, or in a sale / bundle etc.

34. AaronEastbun

AaronEastbun

Same as above.
    World Building is incorrectly adding Gaia although I own it already. Correctly not showing CTS or Aquas which I already own.
    Essentials is incorrectly adding QHierarchy. Correctly not showing DOTween Pro, Bolt or Odin.
    Quick Prototype is incorrectly adding Playmaker and Amplify Shader Editor. Correctly not showing Puppet 3D.
    Ultimate Characters is working fine. Correctly not showing Mesh Effects, InControl, Final IK.

I hope this helps you figure out what is wrong with the bundles for those of us who have been purchasing assets for some time now.

35. Xype

Xype

Check again guys, I checked a little while ago and everything seems fixed now.