Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. rrabassa

rrabassa

That fixed it!

Thank you!

-rich

2. wood333

wood333

I was finally able to reproduce the zoom jitter issue in your shooter-melee demo scene, so I believe I can explain it to you so that you can observe the issue yourself.

When using zoom, the main camera view can jump and/or flicker forward and back when the camera encounters a collider between it and the v-bot character, (not merely jumping to the front of the collider as intended, but to intermediate positions or all the way in to the v-bot). The collider triggering this behavior can be as simple as a capsule collider at a tree trunk, or objects in your demo scene, like the brick walls. This issue cannot be observed in your shooter-melee demo scene, until, the main camera near clipping plane is changed from 0.01 to something larger. As little as 0.05 can reveal the issue, but if you want to see it right away, just go up to 0.3.

This is an issue for me because I use Unistorm. With Unistorm in my project the sun/dome jiggles unless the near clipping plane is set higher than the 0.01 default. This is a issue Unistorm is aware of, and increasing the near clipping plane was their suggestion to me to solve their sun jitter issue. But when I move the near clipping plane of the Invector main camera to 0.3, which makes the sun and shadows beautifully rock solid, then I get the jitter on the Invector main camera with zoom whenever the camera has a collider between the camera and I-bot.

I can't have it both ways, near clipping plane of 0.01 for perfect zoom collision, and 0.3 for rock solid Unistorm sun/shadows. Your thoughts on my dilemma?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  3. Invector

Invector

Maybe you could try a different approach, for example instead of using our culling system into the trees you could use a fade system based on distance. I just tested here and didn't see a big jittering like you say, what version are you using? we did some changes regarding update mode recently

4. wood333

wood333

Our project is on Unity 5.6.3f1 You will note some movement across colliders, but the real jittering occurs at the edge of the colliders. It is as if the camera senses the edge of the intervening collider and jumps in toward the v-bot, then reassesses its new position and decides to jump right back out. If the camera is placed precisely on the edge, it is possible to find the spot where the camera will jitter/flicker back and forth (without touching the mouse). In electronics, we would apply hystoresis to prevent the oscillation. We would pad the transition range so once jumping in, the camera would not reassess and jump out without significant movement across or away from the collider.

I must say, the zoom is surperb with the 0.01 near clip.

Of course, I always have the options of no zoom or a different weather/time of day asset. And i think tonight I will post a comment on the Unistorm forum, to see if they have a solution for the light/shadow flickering other than asking us to increase the near clip plane.

5. zenGarden

zenGarden

Why not using some alternative options ?
    When a collision happens between camera and Vbot , switch to FPS view or at some pre made position behind the player and have the player semi transparent.

I think this can be resolved using game design solutions.

6. Stefan86

Stefan86

Hey .. I have done the interaction of Sickscore .. For inventory pro .. But it does not work with me .. Can someone help me, please ?

7. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello!

I am using Cinemachine to get some nice cinematic cuts scenes and angle but I'm running into a problem looking ad and following my Player. I place the Player Object (or specific bone) into the properties for cinema chine but when I play the game, they get reset (to empty). I've been using Playmaker to set these value at runtime but it's quite tedious and doesn't seem like the best solution. Here a screenshot of the Cinemachine settings. I've hi lighted the fields I am referencing:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.22.56 PM.png

I did realize that when I play the gate the Player Controller setup disappears from the hierarchy and is replaced with an instance of it. This seems to be the problem-- Cinemchaine looses the link to the player object. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    rich

8. magique

magique

I just purchased the Shooter Template and look forward to using it. The demo was very nicely done and convinced me to give it a chance.

9. magique

magique

The asset store states the following:

Is there a road map with timelines somewhere? I'm mainly interested in the status of the cover system.

10. ocimpean

ocimpean

I have a question: what motions come standard with which motion controller out of the box, so I can drag and drop a character in the scene and be able to have it move: walk, run, crouch, roll, climb wall, vault over obstacles, ledges?

11. magique

magique

Yeah, you can do all that out of the box. All the motions you see in the videos comes with it.

12. ocimpean

ocimpean

In all 3 packages, the last 2 adding just fighting, if I may ask?

13. magique

magique

The last 2?

14. ocimpean

ocimpean

Melee and Shooter version of the asset?

15. magique

magique

OK, so maybe I'm confused then. So, in basic locomotion you get all those basic motions like running, jumping, climb up, climb over, etc. An in the melee one you also get the fighting stuff and in shooter you also get shooting. Hope that makes it more clear.

16. ocimpean

ocimpean

I appreciate your answers. It was hard for me to determine what is coming standard with the package and what is advertised as standard but require work for user to implement it just from what is in the videos. I say that as I'm coming from another controller where things are not as clear cut as I thought they are...

17. magique

magique

In the Asset store there is a screenshot of a comparison of features. It includes the animation information as well.

18. ocimpean

ocimpean

Nothing beats real user opinion ;)

Invector and magique like this.
  19. Invector

Invector

Hi there :)

The only features that doens't come with the package are the swimming and zipline which are sold as add-ons, the rest is all included, moving platforms, melee combat, shooter, throwing objects, open chest, animations, etc...

Stefan86 likes this.
  20. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello!

I am creating a 2.5D game. Right now the player walks left/right no problem. At certain points I'd like to "turn" the game play by a certain angle, for example the player turns a corner and the perspective of the game follows. Also a certain point, I want the player to walk up a spiral staircase but still maintain the 2.5 perspective.

I see that in the rigid body, the z position is locked to keep the player moving left/right. How do I turn the player's angle at given points. The game "Black The Fall" does this a lot where the player, for example, is walking along a pipe and the pipe turns 90 on Z axis but the player continues walking and the camera continues tracking around that 90 deg.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    rich

21. Invector

Invector

We do have a 'corner system', you can see that in action on the shooter 2.5 demo scene.
    And for the spiral ladder, you could use a animation and control the speed by using the InputHorizontal or InputVertical, positive value will play the animation and negative will playback ;)

22. rrabassa

rrabassa

I only have the basic locomotion package so I don't see a shooter 2.5 demo.

For the spiral staircase, I should Lock Input and play my animation?

thanks,
    rich

23. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello again,

I'm using a Generic action and Animation. All works except that I can't get the animation to align to the same spot consistently. The player is grabbing a hatch and swinging it open so he needs to be at an exact position everytime for it to look correct. Any suggestions?

thanks,
    rich

24. Invector

Invector

Yes if you add the tag CustomAction into your animation state it will automatically lock the input

You need to use our match target option, create a empty transform to be the spot you want your character to be when playing the animation, then check the value of 1 into the MatchTargertMask and set the start/end value to match your animation, we have several examples of this in the project, such as openning a chest.

25. oxitrotamundos

oxitrotamundos

Hi. I have a quick query. I would like to buy the Shooter Template from sellfy.com

the question is you give the same support as the version of the asset store?

26. Invector

Invector

Yep, same support, same version, same and faster updates ;)

27. zenGarden

zenGarden

Hi @Invector ,
    How is going the next release and complete shooter ?

28. indra-p

indra-p

i just downloaded the new update for the shooter template..and i found a problem.. the animation when it start walking is kinda sliding. i mean the whole body moving before it making step..it just look weird..it not hapen in the older version... how can i fix it?

29. Invector

Invector

We just upload this baby :cool:

(http://invector.proboards.com/thread/860/official-add-on-freeclimb-beta)
    (https://sellfy.com/p/DGB3/)

Hmm check your player's Locomotion tab in the Inspector, if Use RootMotion is checked make sure to leave all the speed values at 1, otherwise you can use different value for each speed. You can also reset the values to the original at the little cog at the top-right of the component ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    LudiKha, sjm-tech and zenGarden like this.
  30. zenGarden

zenGarden

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  31. retired

retired

Hello Invector. How can I make the strong attack drain more stamina than the weak attack while using the same weapon?

32. Invector

Invector

It looks a lot but it's cast only when you press the jump input, and we already change that to a optimized verification ;)

Hmmm sorry there is none currently... there is a damage multiplier, I will take a look if it's possible to add a stamina multiplier as well ;)

33. Invector

Invector

Shooter for the price of Basic Locomotion?? Yep!!! tell your friends

34. khos

khos

Hi, is your asset multi player ready?

35. retired

retired

Sounds great! Thanks.

36. haim96

haim96

i just got the shooter template and i need help to setup top down controller with mouse aim.
    like in this video:

is there a tutorial for this?

thanks!

37. Invector

Invector

Nope! there is some users doing the implementation of Photon, Forge and Unity network but it's not on our roadmap to add mp anytime soon ;)

Try the documentation, it's really simple actually... just follow the Player prefab of the vShooterMeleeTopDown_DemoScene ;)

38. haim96

haim96

documentation link is dead from http://www.invector.xyz/project
    and video tutorials doesn't help.

[update] OK, found what you mean...
    is there a way to use weapons without all the inventory system and UI?
    my player needs one gun that can be replaced.

also, how can i set infinite amount of ammo?

thanks.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  39. Invector

Invector

I just fixed the documentation link on our website, is there any information in particular you're looking for? usually the video tutorials really help our users :)

We do have example scenes with and without Inventory, where you can simple pick a weapon from the ground and use.

On our Forum you will find several cool custom add-ons made by us or users, including one for infinite ammo:
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/705/infinite-ammo-script-shooter

40. haim96

haim96

this is the most bizarre solution... it just adds 1 ammo after each shot. very performance wise... :|

but you can't spawn the player with a weapon? i just want the player to spawn with single weapon, no pickup or inventory...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  41. Invector

Invector

Don't worry we're creating a infinity ammo solution for the next update ;)
    Sure, just drag and drop a weapon into the hand and it will automatically be equipped.

42. Stefan86

Stefan86

Hey .. I loaded all vehicles addon and if my character gets out of a car then he will not be animated anymore ..

43. kikoukop

kikoukop

Hi, I need the Freeclimb add-on. When will I be able to acquire it in the Asset Store?

44. Stefan86

Stefan86

45. zenGarden

zenGarden

@Invector
    Why not putting addons in Asset Store ?
    I am not sure buyers get to the forum or have visivility addons exist ?

46. Stefan86

Stefan86

it takes until the assets of unity are released .. it is forwarded from the forum on a sales page of invector

47. zenGarden

zenGarden

If you baught on his site , do you get automatically the addon when it's on Asset Store ?

48. Stefan86

Stefan86

you get an update mail and usually even earlier as in the assetstore .. I also bought there ..

49. Invector

Invector

The creator of this add-on sometimes disappear for a few months lol, try posting in the thread over there and maybe another user can help you ;)

We already send to the asset store, but they usually take up to a month to approve new assets :(

Nope, it's different stores and purchasing in one doens't mean you have on another ;)
    The only difference is that our store is faster to receive uploads, you still can create a account and download your assets whenever you want.

50. drewradley

drewradley

Got Swimming yesterday. Any way to change the move speed when in water but not swimming or is that something I need to take care of myself? I want the player to switch from run to walk in water.

Thanks!