Search Unity

Black Flickering Screen and Bloom

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by JugularStudios, Dec 15, 2020.

1. JugularStudios

JugularStudios

In my game as I scroll around in Unity Scene view the screen will go black. Scrolling out and scrolling back in will make it go black again, so it definitely is a problem with those points in space. The problem also happens in game.

The problem goes away when Bloom is turned off and comes back when it is turned back on.

The problem also went away went I turned off my ProBuilder levels with emission surfaces and came back when I turned them back on. Selecting all emission surface and turning them a non light emitting material didn't work.

Toggling off Lighting in the scene will remove the black screen. Toggling it back on will bring it back.

Generating Baked Lighting doesn't' help.

Are there any known bugs of HDRP Bloom-ProBuilder interactions? Am I using too many emission effects? Is there something else I can try? Thank you very much.

2. JugularStudios

JugularStudios

I deleted the graphics settings and reloaded them. Same problem, but now the problem doesn't turn off with bloom. Problem sill turns off when lighting is turned off and when probuilder objects are deactivated.

3. francescoc_unity

francescoc_unity

Unity Technologies

JugularStudios likes this.
  4. JugularStudios

JugularStudios

I went through my levels and removed all the NaN creating surfaces from the levels. I am still getting errors however. Should I use another tool? Is using StopNaNs on the camera bad for performance?

And thank you very much.