Search Unity

Question Black/Blank Screen on Quest with Unity 2021.24.f1 and the new Oculus OpenXR Integration

Discussion in 'VR' started by Immersive-Matthew, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Immersive-Matthew

Immersive-Matthew

As the title says, I am getting a completely black/blank screen when I build to my Quest after I updated the Oculus Integration to 33.0, Unity to 2021.24.f1 and Vulkan. I have selected OpenXR under XR Plug-in Management, made sure the Oculus Quest Support was checked off in the OpenXR options and also made ran from the drop down menu Oculus -> Tools -> OpenXR -> and choose Switch to OVRPlugin with OpenXR Backend.

I am getting no errors, just blackness. Not even the Unity Logo is appearing. Even the Profiller and the OpenXR Runtime Debugger connect, but show no real time data whatsoever. Just blank like the Quest itself. Are others not getting this as I am not seeing other posts? My project is nothing special but I am running Vulkan which did run fine before in 2021.1.17f1 with the previous version of the Oculus Integration.

Have others gotten these versions to work together? Has anyone else moved to OpenXR for their Quest?

DINmatin likes this.
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

In XR Management, go to the android tab and make sure Oculus is enabled here and in the oculus settings in the tab below make sure both quest and quest 2 are enabled.
    Also enabling Oculus Quest in OpenXR might also just work

3. Dark-Table

Dark-Table

Do you really need to be building with the Oculus OpenXR plugin? Oculus is sending mixed messages on this at the moment. When you install the latest Oculus Integration in 2020.X it defaults to the OpenXR plugin, BUT they will *not* accept Oculus Quest apps in the store that are built with the OpenXR plugin. It's not ready for prime time, and broken Vulkan support may be one of the many issues with it.

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration

(This warning specifically mentions v31.x, but it's still present on v33.0. Maybe they are accepting apps now, but you'd think they would remove this bold warning from the notes. *shrug*)

openxrwarning.png

glenneroo likes this.
  4. Immersive-Matthew

Immersive-Matthew

Mixed messages indeed as they just announced it again. Why they keep announcing it if it is not ready? Gesh!!! Thanks for the reply.