Search Unity

Black and white sound and animation test (update)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by seefeldt81, Dec 7, 2007.

1. seefeldt81

seefeldt81

Hello
    I'm new to unity and have no idea what i'm doing. This is my firs attempt at it, it is rather large and takes some time to load I hope the wait is worth it. Would appreciate any feed back.

thank you
    john

(Update)

I made it lighter and adjusted the sound Now I'm trying to get the cursor to lock in the center of the screen so I can use it to interact with things on mouse down.

http://massedu.org/john creates/bandw/

2. Jessy

Jessy

This has a nice spooky atmosphere.

However, something that looked really weird to me was the thin vertical line of light that you can see between two large structures hat don't quite touch each other, near a corner. It also took me a good while to find the house, because everything is so dark, but if that's part of a game to come, it might be psychologically interesting.

3. nickavv

nickavv

That was pretty cool. :) I also noticed the light strip thing, but it shouldn't matter as much if you use a darker skybox.

4. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Thats really nice. I heard some cool sounds, but saw no animation anywhere. Someone is playing guitar in that creepy house :O

I was expecting zombies to burst out of somewhere at any moment, nice atmosphere.

5. seefeldt81

seefeldt81

thank you for the comments all are very appreciated. I changed the sky box and it work perfectly thanks for the tip.
    the animations are small theirs a moth siting on one street lamp and bugs flying around the other the mailbox lid also swings not to noticeable. oh and good job on finding the person in the basement. you can also hear the city streets if you walk up to the gate.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the cursor to disappear and also how to trigger animations and sound when you click on things. not much luck so far.

6. Jessy

Jessy

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/ScriptReference/Screen-showCursor.html

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.OnMouseDown.html

Something I just noticed. The 3d positional audio is backwards. I'm not sure if that would be fixed by upgrading to Unity 2.0, but that was a bug that was reported a long while ago.

7. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

I really liked the singing coming form the basement. It was weird. I take it there isn't anyway to get in?

8. seefeldt81

seefeldt81

no way in now but once I figure out how to have the door open there will be