Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Bizarre issue with animation using Animation Rigging IK

Discussion in 'Animation' started by samlaserbeam, Dec 22, 2022.

1. samlaserbeam

samlaserbeam

I just started using the Animation Rigging package to animate all of my first person arms, and it's been a godsend. But for some strange reason, the rotation in the left hand, (and a very minor amount in the right hand) is ever so slightly offset when the animation gets played in-game, making it look like the player is holding onto air. The animation is completely fine the animation window though.

animatorcapture.PNG Here is the pose in the animator. The animation just bobs the "Anchor" transform up and down to create an idle effect, so the only keyframe that adjusts the IK target is at the beginning.

gamecapture.PNG Here in the game view, you can see that the left hand is offset. The right hand is in the (mostly) correct position.

I tried setting the weight of the "twisting correction" component to 0, but that didn't help. I'm genuinely not sure what is going on, so any help is greatly appreciated.

2. samlaserbeam

samlaserbeam

For anyone coming across this in the future, I fixed this by going into the animation, right clicking on the rig component, and clicking "transfer motion to skeleton".