Search Unity

Bizarre issue: nVidia Ansel saves to wrong game directory ("The Hobbit"??)

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by PhoenixAdvanced, Feb 1, 2021.

1. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hi,

I have added the nVidia ansel asset from the asset store to my project, and it was working fine on my old machine.

I have since transferred my project to a new machine, and updated my graphics drivers. nVidia ansel is still working fine, but I have a very strange issue.

The ansel screenshots and superresolution shots are being saved into a folder in my videos directory called "The Hobbit".

My app is not called the hobbit, and I have no app on my system that's called that, and I never have. I have no idea why ansel is saved to this directory, and I have no idea how to change it.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

2. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Just an update on this, I think I have solved, or at least, worked around the issue.

AllI did was I changed the name of my project, and therefore, the .exe. Once I did that, everything worked fine.

I can only guess that the issue was caused by my project name being identical to another nVidia-certified game (Presumably the Hobbit?), which confused nvidia geforce/ansel. I have no idea really, but a name change seems to have solved it.