Search Unity

"Bits n Bats" Assets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by b3agz, Jan 16, 2015.

1. b3agz

b3agz

Hi,

I've been teaching myself (or, rather, the Internet has been teaching me) 3D modelling to make my own assets for my gamedev hobby.

I realised that had a handful of assets that are similarly themed (urban, in this case) prop-type assets, and considered throwing them on the asset store as a freebie on the off chance anybody could make use of them. Here's a screenshot;

What I wanted to ask was, do those of you with more experience in the asset store think it would be worth expanding this collection into an urban prop pack with a decent amount of assets and putting it on there for a small price?

It's been fun so far but obviously if I was going to make myself churn out another 15 or 20 models for the sole purpose of selling on the store, I'd want to do it for more than one or two $2 sales. Do you think there would be a market for this kind of collection? How many models would you include?

OR, do the models look rubbish and you think I should give up?

All feedback appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Distant_Temples

Distant_Temples

These models look very good and in no way would I say that you should give up. It seems like you have found a talent that you enjoy. I would say go for it and see where it takes you.

I don't sell stuff but I will say there seems to be many ways folks market their stuff on the store. Hopefully they can give you some pointers.

One thought does come to mind. If you make a large collection that you want to sell maybe you could make a small sample pack of whats in it and release that as a free asset or at a low price while pointing them to the larger collection. Either way your work appears to be far from rubbish.

3. b3agz

b3agz

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe it would be worth just putting a small collection of models up for free and seeing if there's any interest? If nobody wants 5 assets for free, they probably aren't going to pay $2-5 for 20 assets.