Search Unity

bitfieldInsert and shader error

Discussion in 'Web' started by roka, Aug 30, 2018.

1. roka

roka

Well, i have upgraded to the version Unity 2018.2.5f1 and some message appear now if we use a terrain on a scene and if we load it from asset bundle.

Strip Engine Code ON
    *Edit : Also happen if Strip Engine Code is disabled

Message from the console :

ERROR: 0:89: 'bitfieldInsert' : no matching overloaded function found UnityLoader.js:4
    ERROR: 0:90: 'bitfieldInsert' : no matching overloaded function found UnityLoader.js:4
    Note: Creation of internal variant of shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/CameraFacingBillboardTree' failed.

Before these messages, the game freeze during a few seconds.
    Everything is fine if the scene do not have a terrain.

Link : https://www.asr-games.net/Testing/Terrain/

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello,

Have you solved this? My terrains dont load from asset bundles either, so player drops thru the floor ending the game immediately. Im getting this same error.

Do you know how to solve?

Im using Unity 2018.2.14f

Thanks

3. roka

roka

Put a terrain (small one) in the scene included in your game build.

4. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Thanks for the response. Are you saying to include a terrain in the base build?

I have multiple scene asset bundles loaded from a server at runtime, all with different shape terrains.

I will try your suggestion, thanks, so Unity cant load terrains anymore? That used to work!

Why nobody else see this huge bug? Are we the only people in the world who have terrains in their scenes?

5. roka

roka

Yes include a small terrain with a width and height at 1 in your base build (this will include the terrain collider removed because of the code stripping).

Also, rebuild your asset bundle with your new version of unity.

We are few guy's to work on the newest versions. A lot of developper stay on old version because of cases like this one .....