Search Unity

Birthday Gift -- WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by danneskjold, Aug 7, 2013.

1. danneskjold

danneskjold

hello all,

I have been wondering on what to gift my son Neel this birthday, his 10th .. hes a avid gamer, fav games of his are cod4 multiplayer, guriella bob, etc...

After much thought i decided to develop a game with him in it :) where he would be the hero . I belive that he would love the gift.. what do you guys think? Should i go ahead with this or get him something else?

heres a video of the work done so far.... thanks to explosive llc for the wonderful soldier and enemy packs... and surprise package from kristopher ..

i have made many new changes since that video... new GUI, newer enemies ..
    The game currently has 3 weapons, 5 enemies, 6-7 pickups, call a friend to help (in this case neels cousin teleports over to help him )

would be great if some of you volunteer to beta test it..

plz do post any suggestions after looking the video. i have time till october, so i will add whatever needed to make the game better.

I hope the post is in the right forum.. but since it is a work in progress, i posted it here.

regards

Ipad Screenshot of current GUI

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. welby

welby

".. what do you guys think? Should i go ahead with this or get him something else? "

Are you nuts,...how can you even ask that question?

A game with HIM in it,.custom made?!

I woulda loved that :p

EDIT:

since it is Custom and personal, I suggest go all out and truly make it his.

Add more likeness of his friends and family in there. names,..even voices,..record your family voices and have then in the game.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. danneskjold

danneskjold

hey welby..

thnx for replying... i would have loved it too :) just wanted another opinion ...

am adding a couple of his school friends now ...

thnx again

4. Daxiongmao87

Daxiongmao87

That's awesome, I would consider it one of the best gifts as a 10 year old. I may steal this idea some day ;)

5. danneskjold

danneskjold

thnx shinkiro Daxiongmao87..

just stumbled upon idiegogo and am wondering if i should put this as a campaign there... that could take the game way forward .. i can only program :(

6. danneskjold

danneskjold

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013