Search Unity

Biped cannot be configured after moving to unity5.5

Discussion in 'Animation' started by hellcaller, Dec 22, 2016.

1. hellcaller

hellcaller

After moving to 5.5 my character animation get warnings "A biped was detected but cannot be configured properly beacuse of unsuported hierarchy..."
    What the heck? everything worked in 5.4 i'm using 3ds max standart bip. All the animations are screwed. I'm in dispear? please help.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

This could be due to the default biped having a screwy hierarchy.
    In Max with biped in figure mode change the structure. Uncheck triangle pelvis and check triangle neck.
    This might fix it

Edit:
    To explain further if others experience this problem.
    Maxs default biped hierarchy has the legs parented to the first spine instead of being parented correctly to the hips/bip, and the clavicles are parented to the neck instead of the top spine bone.
    Change the hierarchy to be correct by unchecking triangle pelvis and checking triangle neck.
    I dont remember encountering this error before 5.5 - but if setting up as a humanoid rig in mecanim and encountering this error, this default hierarchy setup could be the reason for the error.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  3. hellcaller

hellcaller

Yes, that's it, thnx!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. andriilytvynenko

andriilytvynenko

anycolourulike likes this.
  5. kostiantynyeremenko

kostiantynyeremenko

I fixed it in Blender since I don't use 3dMax. In edit mode I reparented 2 leg bones and clavicles bone as @theANMATOR2b described