Search Unity

Official Unity Gaming Services: Billing FAQs

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Unity_AndyP, Jun 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unity_AndyP

Unity_AndyP

Unity Technologies

Do I need to enter payment information for Unity Gaming Services in order to make use of any services on my Dashboard?

No, not exactly. Unity Gaming Services have free tiers and you do not need to add a payment method if you remain in these free tiers. You will be able to make use of most of the UGS products without a payment method to start. Once you exceed the free tier limitations you will then be asked to add a payment method in order to continue using the services.

Services you can begin using which do not require a payment method are Analytics, Cloud Code, Cloud Save, Economy, Relay, Lobby, and Voice and Text Chat (Vivox).

Services you cannot begin using until your organization has added a payment method are Cloud Content Delivery and Game Server Hosting (Multiplay).

I have already entered payment information, but I still have a notification on my Dashboard telling me that I need to enter payment information in order to use certain services. Why do I need to enter payment information twice?

You may find that you already have payment information attached to your organization under either the Unity ID portal (Organizations > [select organization] > Payment Methods) or on the Unity Dashboard (Projects > Finance > Payment Method). This is likely because you have payment information entered for other services, including Editor licenses, Unity Ads, CCD, or DevOps tools.

If you are receiving this notification on the Unity Dashboard, you may need to go through the checkout process to confirm payment information specifically for this list of services: Analytics, Cloud Code, Cloud Save, Economy, Voice and Text Chat (Vivox), Lobby, and Relay

Note: This only applies to organizations that have exceeded the free tier limitations for any aforementioned products.

When will I start to be charged?

You will only start to be charged if you exceed the free tier limits. You will not be billed if you stay within the free tiers of the products. For more information on our free tiers, visit our pricing page here.

How can I estimate how much my first bill will be?

Visit https://dashboard.unity3d.com/metered-billing/usage to view your current metered information in your Unity Dashboard account. Calculate and estimate your bill with the information pricing page here.

How can I tell if I'm close to exceeding my free tier limit?

We have free tier email alerts, which notify you when you reach 75% and 100% of the free tier limit for any UGS service. You can’t customize the usage threshold for free tier email alerts. If you don’t want to receive free tier email alerts, you can opt-out of receiving them in the Email preferences section of the Budget Alerts UI (Projects > Finance > Budget Alerts).

Is there any way I can be notified if my usage is unexpected?

We have Budget email alerts that notify Organization Owners when they reach defined budget thresholds. If not explicitly defined, the default thresholds are 50%, 90%, and 100% of the budget. These budgets can be created and edited via the Budget Alerts UI (Projects > Finance > Budget Alerts).

What will my invoice look like? Will I get one invoice per UGS product or one invoice with breakdowns per product?

You will receive one unified invoice for the following UGS services: Analytics, Cloud Code, Cloud Save, Economy, Vivox, Lobby, and Relay. This bill will not include Cloud Content Delivery services or Ads/Monetization.

Can I get a breakdown of the games of my org in the invoice?

Your invoice will not be broken down by project or game at this time.

I entered my credit card information, but my organization would prefer to have an invoice sent monthly. How can I request this change in the billing method?

Our standard billing method is a credit card. If you’re interested in other payment options, please contact our sales team by clicking here.

I have a question about volume discounts. Who can I speak to about this?

For questions about volume discounts, please contact our sales team by clicking here.

I was an open beta customer of UGS. Do I need to do anything to be using the products on my UGS account now that they've been fully released?

To use UGS products past July 6, 2022, you do not need to add your credit card information to your account unless you're exceeding the product's free tier limitations. Beta customers do not need to take any other actions to access the UGS products in ‘full-release’. As a best practice, always try to use the latest SDKs.

What can I do if I didn’t enter my credit card information prior to July 6, 2022? How can I reactivate my account?

You can reactivate your account by signing up for the UGS plan through the Unity Dashboard. You will automatically regain full access immediately.

What can I do if (during sign-up) my credit card is not accepted?

Please submit a support request here if you are experiencing problems with your credit card.

My credit card has been overcharged. What should I do?

Please submit a support request here if your credit card has been overcharged.

My credit card couldn’t be charged. What can I do to reactivate my account?

Please submit a support request here to reactivate your account.

I don’t have a credit card, can I use UGS?

Yes, you can use UGS without a credit card or payment method so long as you remain within the free tier limits. Once those are exceeded, you will need to add a payment method in order to continue using the services. In addition to credit cards, we also accept debit cards as valid payment instruments in the self-serve sign-up process. If you’re interested in other payment options, please contact our sales team by clicking here.

Can I remove my credit card from UGS?

You can add and delete card information from the Projects > Finance > Payment Method page on your Unity Dashboard. However, the final card cannot be removed. One card must remain to cover any charges incurred.

Can I cancel my UGS subscription?

Yes, you can disable individual services from within their own sections of the Unity Dashboard or you can visit the Manage Subscriptions page, linked from the banner on the About page of any of the billable UGS services

To contact sales, please click here.
    For technical support, please visit the Help and Support page in the Unity Dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.