Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Biggest Sale Ever" went from 13 days to 6?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mm234345, Apr 24, 2017.

1. mm234345

mm234345

I was alerted a bunch of stuff I had favourited was on sale for the next "13 days". I had a few in my cart but dragged my feet on checking out. Now it appears those items were only on sale for 7 days instead? They are no longer listed... I guess I missed out, but wish the alerts were more accurate.

KarlGG likes this.
  2. KarlGG

KarlGG

I have the same issue. I just threw out 20+ assets from my cart that I had piled up over the weekend. Out of nearly 30, only 5 were still on sale this morning. There are new things on sale I want, sure. But there's a small fortune in purchases I didn't make because they were cut short by a week.

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

Those items are back on sale. The sale was intended to work in two waves, with many items only in one wave. Since the alerts didn't clarify this, the Asset Store team decided to put all of the first wave items back into the second wave, too.

TeagansDad likes this.
  4. LaneFox

LaneFox

Apparently a bunch of emails went out to people who had wish-listed items, but then like a day later(?depending on their email prefs/frequency i guess?) they werent on sale which made the email misleading, which motivated putting items back on sale too.

Overall, pretty confusing. I didn't even know my asset was back on sale (or off sale, for that matter).

5. JustinCollins

JustinCollins

Hey Everyone,

The 'Biggest Sale Ever' is our largest sale over with over 7K submissions - due to an overwhelming amount of interest to participate in the sale, our original intention was to split assets into two separate waves which would give equal amount of time in the sale to each segment. We intended for assets to participate in one or both waves.

Unknown to our teams, automated notifications were sent out to customers who had sale items to their wish list. In order to support customers during the sale, we are adding Wave 1 sale items into Wave 2. We feel this is the best course of action to ensure that customers are able to purchase content at the discount disclosed to them via the notification.

TeagansDad and TonyLi like this.
  6. mm234345

mm234345

Hey, thanks for hearing our feedback and accommodating us. Looks like I'll be making some more purchases