Search Unity

Big performance loss when extra HDRP camera that renders nothing is added to scene

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by nasos_333, Mar 13, 2021.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I have a scene and add an extra camera that is set to render absolutely nothing and yet i get a massive frame rate drop.

Is this a big bug of HDRP ? I use Unity 2019.4.5f1 and HDRP for it 7.4.3

Thanks

I post photos of the frame rate drop and the camera setup. Note that is same drop if render to rendertexture or just enable the camera with different depth than main one.

2. iamarugin

iamarugin

Additional cameras are very expensive in HDRP. You can use custom pass instead. You can even render a scene from another point of view using it (only available in HDRP 10+).

nasos_333 likes this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks, though this seems exponentially more complex than just use a camera :(

Ruchir likes this.
  4. Camarent

Camarent

Hi! Can you explain what do you mean by render a scene from another point of view? Like move camera, manually render, then move back or something else?

5. DavidDreamer

DavidDreamer

I think this is because each camera in HDRP uses default frame settings, which contains a lot of things. Try to enable Custom Frame Settings and turn everything off.

nasos_333 likes this.