Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 offer !✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  2. GINO_JANG

GINO_JANG

I purchased your asset, but how can I get URP?

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,
    Send me a PM here or in my artengames@gmail.com email with the invoice or order number and will send links asap

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) - WIP on the HDRP version of the new Geometry grass shader.

NOVEMBER OFFERS !!!

ORION Space Scene Generation Framework is in -50% first release discount for 14 days !!! ($60 vs $120 normal price).

Sky Master ULTIMATE can upgrade to InfiniGRASS for $19 (vs $59), to InfiniRIVER ($19), to ORION ($19) and Ethereal for $5.

InfiniCLOUD users can upgrade to the complete sky, weather, ocean and volumetric effects suit Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $15 (vs $70 normal price)

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  6. creat327

creat327

any luck on getting an apk for android for Infinigrass ready with the latest version? I want to see whether it has improved performance from last time. It wasn't able to run Infinigrass at a decent fps.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, yes, have a new demo in link below, with Speed Tree

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ICFXfKQ2vdVB4gLwDYk9fZiOz_jMRpXk/view?usp=sharing

Note this is a stress test as uses full shadows and detail mostly for middle desktop class, still looks to be very good on my 4 years old Samsung S8

Link of demo with FPS counter and more optimizations:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GgoHQYk4lr_VD0Wvnwe105uW7wYI-GEp/view?usp=sharing

DEMO CONTROLS: Use double tap (same time tap with both fingers) to plant trees around the map

Any insight on how it runs on new mobiles would also be appreciated, as my Samsung is ancient tech by now :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  8. creat327

creat327

Well, I downloaded it on a Xiaomi Redmi 8, Android version 10, which is a pretty decent device... and I saw no trees. Zero. Just the balls of terrain in there.

Also, since this is called infiniGRASS i was expecting grass. None to be seen either...

Not very helpful apk :(

You can see the phone specs side by side against a Samsung S8 here
    Compare Xiaomi Redmi 8 vs. Samsung Galaxy S8 - GSMArena.com

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Samsung S8

Oh, ok, i will check. It appears ok in Samsung S8.

I get 56fps with lot of trees planted and full real time shadowing, the Samsung S8 is now 4.5+ years old device, so i expect newer same level ones to multiply this performance.

Did you double tap to plant the trees ? Maybe there is some issue in the controls.

Use double tap (same time tap with both fingers) to plant trees around the map. Apparently this tap emulates the right mouse click in Windows.

I am also working on the demo with grass for next demo upload.

EDIT: I checked the Xiaomi, seems very underpowered, so perhaps cant top Samsung S8 in this regard. It would be very interesting to see how it performs on a latest gaming phone.

10. creat327

creat327

Yeah I double tap, tried to look around. Nothing. No trees were displayed whatsoever.

The xiaomi is not Samsung s8 because although that's an old phone, the galaxy S8 was an excellent phone. Still, it runs my game with 40k trees planted right now without problem at 60 fps with just the standar unity terrain and trees, so it should be fine. I was hoping to use infinigrass to make it even faster.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Strange indeed, will try make a demo with pre-planted trees asap and link this one instead.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

This is a sample of the grass demo,

If possible can you send me a photo from the phone of the scene with the 40K trees to understand the density and quality requirements and with fps for reference. Thanks in advance

13. creat327

creat327

Well, you have the video on www.dogfightelite.com with all the trees. That video was made about 5 years ago with an iphone 5 I believe. It runs at 40fps on a samsung galaxy s6, on the s8 it goes steady at 60fps.

It's a full game, using regular Unity terrain with Unity trees. No special tricks for the trees. No InfiniGrass so far. I always wanted to add grass to the terrain and that's why I was looking at this package. But so far it's not faster than the default Unity system on mobile, that's why I keep checking the thread to see if things changed.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

I think is not faster probably because i use bigger tree density, with special shader and full shadows and no billboards etc, i will try emulate the exact density and tree quality in the image so can compare directly.

Also note shadows introduce a big performance loss on mobile, e.g. in the tree demo if not add shadows like in your video, i recall i just added trees forever and was always at 60fps, and trees were generally very good quality for mobile.

So will need some reword to make a comparable demo, hopefully can do it soon. And will add grass too for reference on that also.

15. creat327

creat327

My trees have shadows. It's just that video that it's ages old. Nowdays you can download my game for free and check yourself. Sometimes you won't get shadows because there is a lot going on in the game: clouds, water, multiplayer, explosions... but if all that is off, easily can do 60fps with shadows.

Also you are using speed trees... which is NOTORIOUSLY slow. "Speed"trees is a bad joke. They should be called Slow trees.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

There is also grass with shadows i can sample in the game ?

Yes, speedtree is one of the issues i guess.

Do you revert to billboards for far away trees ? And at what distance ?

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

I checked the game, looks great for mobile :), clouds also very nice.

I will see to recreate something similar and get back with result, also try add more foliage etc

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

new mobile demo coming soon, i did a lot more optimization and seems can add lot of trees and grass and still get very good fps for this quality. Of course need more tweaking, e.g. the grass view distance is same as trees, so need to refine this aspect and will post the demo asap.

19. creat327

creat327

Thanks. Waiting for the apk then.

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, will do a few more tweaks and send link here.

21. creat327

creat327

Remember that the focus is trees WITH grass. My game doesn't have grass because trees and grass makes it slow. That's why I looked at infiniGRASS. And I bought the package long ago, but it didn't provide speed improvements on my experience. The default Unity grass sucked but it was due to the shaders. If I changed them to a basic shader I would see no difference between infinigrass and unity.

It would be nice to have a demo comparing both: unity vs infinigrass fps. As a selling point. But obviously not using Unity horrible default shaders.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

That would be lot of work to recreate my shaders in Unity grass and do a direct compare, maybe i have time later to do such an extensive comparison, but cant promise something so extensive.

But the coming demo will have the ability to plant both grass and trees and can evaluate if is fast enough for the density you would like to have.

As you see by my photo above i already get near 60fps with around 2x the tree density and better tree quality than the game demo i played and lot of grass (and grass is without any extra LOD optimization yet and very far view distance that is meant for trees)

So i suppose is already offering a at least 2x better case than Unity solution, without the full optimizations possible (e.g. LODs and less view distance for grass)

Note that my solution eliminates almost completely the draw calls needed. Essentially can eliminate the draw calls to 2-3 per grass - tree type in theory.

Also this is only the v1.x, the coming v2.0 will also offer batched billboards and multiple other optimizations

BTW, how many polygons and tris is the trees you use in the latest game version ?

Also note that by default batching will bring better to exponentially better results than Unity grass-trees, for example with my solution can have a thick forest with just 3-5 draw calls, while Unity would create exponentially more. So there is no questions on whether the system is faster (i have multiple users extremely happy with the mobile use of the system already)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

I post a sample to clarify further, the map without the grass - trees is 39 batches.

After add a huge amount of dense grass and trees the draw calls increased to just 57, which means everything, all grass and trees planted take up only 18 batches. This is not a on the fly optimization like dynamic bathing also which has overhead, this is pure batched direct model, with zero other overhead.

So the system potentially can be hundred of times faster than Unity system, especially if Unity system bottlenecks from the huge number of draw calls.

Also note how the processing is just 1ms extra versus just the empty map.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

A sample of the new version, true infinite grass is now possible with much fewer draw calls.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  25. nasos_333

nasos_333

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.7 has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.7

- Added new optimization mode that allows the batching of items into meshes with over 64K vertices, which was a limitation for Unity versions prior to 2018.1.
    This new mode essentially allows all items of the scene of a certain type to be batched into a single model for maximum performance and draw call reduction. A limitation has been added for a maximum of 3200000 vertices per batched model due to the fact that this will allow LOD groups to be created at some point. The main regulation of batched models in the above 64K mode is handled by the static batch max group members and batch radius variables.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  27. tcz8

tcz8

How is map magic support coming? That's a big showstopper for us.
    Does it interfere in any way with microsplat?

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

The coming v2.0 will support Map Magic and my new procedural terrain make PANGAEA

Not sure on microsplat, but should not have any issue with it is my guess

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.7a has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.7a

- Added option in the planetary planting to force all brushes be planted in radial way if are directed to a specific direction in their main setup

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

1. Grass properties setup2. Grass Batch radius and members properties
    3. Batched grass group and batcher script4. Batched grass mesh to export5. Export batched grass menu6. Insert batched mesh and apply grass material
    7. Apply rotation 180 in Y
    8. Result A performance
    8. Result B performance
    9. No grass manager mode instructions and new demo

InfiniGRASS new no Grass Manager mode demo and instructions, coming in next update of the asset.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.7b has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.7b

- Reorganized the asset folders and placed all scripts and shader under a single folder, also the root folder now contains only the 3 main demos and the newer demos showcasing various gameplay possibilities and run time planting will be going in the EXTRA DEMOS folder.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) - Work in progress on automated infinite grass planting on procedurally generated terrain.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  33. Crypozza

Crypozza

Purchased.
    Sent PM for URP version.
    Also, can I setup colliders, so player can't pass trough the trees?

Thanks in Advance!

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, is this the email in artengames@gmail.com ? I sent a message there, also about colliders i guess is possible, will check it out and make a demo with it showing the way.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS new version is submitted to the Unity Asset Store !

Added new option in the vertex coloration by ground texture and new demo.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  36. kucirovi

kucirovi

Hi! I wrote to you by mail about the new version of your asset, is it possible to get it, I sent you a receipt for the purchase of your asset by mail

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, sure, i have sent the InfiniGRASS STUDIO closed Beta version in a PM here, let me know for any issues and questions.

38. knas01

knas01

Hi, I was checking this out because I need something to paint foliage on meshes. So I have some questions.

1. What is Infinigrass studio? Is that the URP version of this asset or a new asset?

2. Is it possible to cut grass? I don't need it to be actually cut, just visibly shorter and permanent.

3. Can you change the brightness, hue, and saturation of individual grass objects or do you need to paint a different prefab for that?

4.Is it easy to change or modify the sprites/textures? I want a slightly more cartoony style.

5.How's the prefab support for this asset. Can paint inside a prefab?

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The studio version is a new asset, that is based on infiniGRASS and will be an upgrade from it, also i hold a closed Beta currently so can try it if need.

In current version is possible to script grass, but is expensive in performance, so depends on how much grass. In Studio version there is permament shaping in shader, so can do more things including pushing the grass down permanently.

You cant change brightness etc per brush, but there is s tint option to vary coloration overall. Also there is option to colorize grass based on ground texture.

Textures can be directly swapped to any other on the material.

You can prefab the solution, but cant paint on a mesh and prefab it without the grass manager used to paint with. So can prefab, but need to take care to prefab all needed.

Alternatively can just batch the grass, export the mesh and use the batched as any other unity object, without need of the manager, but will need to export also lods and handle the transition manually or using unity lod system, if lods are needed.

Let me know for anything else.

40. knas01

knas01

So to paint in a prefab I need a manager in each? How's that for performance?
    Can I paint it in the scene and then prefab it? Will the prefab find the correct manager if I use the prefabs in the same scene they were made in?

If Infinigrass studio will be a new asset, is there a point to get this one?

Also, I just watched a video of the new version. The long grass looks amazing. That's for URP right?

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, can paint foliage and prefab it along with the grass manager. Or not use the grass manager at all by exporting the mesh and prefab this instead.

Performance is about same if use many or one manager.

InfiniGRASS STUDIO is not yet released, so getting the current grands access to the beta and also a discount for next asset, so there is lot of reasons to get it, plus some modes will be same, so can start using them already, even if not go with the beta.

The long grass is the geometry shader module and is indeed for URP, a HDRP and SRP version is also in the works.

42. knas01

knas01

nasos_333 likes this.
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Np, let me know for anything else and if more details are needed on the system features or use.

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) testing of planting grass in terrain in Unity 2021.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0) - Testing whole terrain planting with the new rule based system (Unity 2022).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  47. manurocker95

manurocker95

I sent a mail as well!

nasos_333 likes this.
  48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i sent in the email, let me know for anything else.

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS wind regulation new grass manager

InfiniGRASS wind regulation, main demo grass manager

InfiniGRASS Standard Pipeline - Wind regulation showcase in brushes in the demo and a new grass manager case.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS wind regulation new grass manager

InfiniGRASS URP Pipeline - Wind regulation showcase in brushes with a new grass manager case, for new URP Beta version (v1.9.9.3)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022