Search Unity

BIG CHARGEBACK! what a shame!!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by bosone, Jan 7, 2016.

1. CodeFighter

CodeFighter

- $700... Double chargeback in that month?

Just wondering why it's not happen on another sources stores? no chargebacks for 9 months on another store.
    Maybe that happen because Asset Store is not your main income? Also you don't want to ban someone because you need more community and no matter who is it?

I really love what you do with Unity new features and services.
    I would like to hope that we pay fee not only for traffic.

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Since investigating the issues from the beginning of the month, we've taken steps and implemented more security measures, please appreciate that we can't go into details of what we have done to prevent circumvention of these measures.

If any publisher has issues with chargebacks, please contact assetstore@unity3d.com we can help you directly and confidentially.

3. Gozdek

Gozdek

Someone have bought my assets with a stolen credit card again.

4. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

so they used a stolen creditcard to pay via paypal ?

5. orb

orb

Quite possibly. I think there is a safe limit which doesn't need verification. An unfortunate side-effect of making things convenient :/

6. Trinary

Trinary

@orb I don't know what your icon is, but a chargeback on the unity asset store may be as good of a description as any other. :confused:

7. Xype

Xype

The fact that people can get a chargeback from paypal, that means you are allowing assets to be sold that are not as described or break your EULA and submission guidelines. Paypal investigates disputes carefully unlike Unity. If you are getting paypal chargebacks what you should do is start operating the asset store within the law and stop taking the hands off we can't do anything approach. You are about to get sued over it as it is, conspiracy to commit financial fraud is a big charge, hope you are ready.