Search Unity

[Big Offers - URP Version released]Toon Effects Maker URP - 200+ Effects, Ocean, Sprite sheet maker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Feb 22, 2015.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker is a complete framework that allows the easy & creative composition of new effects in Unity3D. The system is compatible with Shuriken and all Unity platforms.​

NOTE: The platform must not be webplayer for the sheet maker to work, since i have excluded the parts not compatible with the webplayer for the real time use in demos.

Toon Effects Maker Demo
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Toon Effects Maker/Demo v1.0/TEM DEMO v.1.0 WEB 2.html

Sprite Sheet Maker Demo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Toon Effects Maker/Demo v1.0/TEM DEMO SHEET.html

Multiple advanced tools are provided, that allow the creation of sprite sheets from any animated item, motion recording and playback, advanced aura effects & dynamic control, easy exchange of individual properties between particles or inherit from the 200+ effects library & much more.

A complete Toon Ocean system is also included, that allows the easy creation of stunning dynamic oceans or water, ice or lava.

Features:
    - Effect Maker, for the easy creation of effects, using the extensive included library to copy properties from, the scaling of particle speed & size and the addition of dynamic light, text and sound features.
    - Projectile system, for automatic handling of physics, collisions and impact effects spawn
    - Toon Ocean, an advanced ocean creation module, with complete scripted control over the time of day coloration, weather conditions and wave shape & speed.
    - Sprite Sheet generator, for the easy and automated creation of sprite sheets from any object in the scene.
    - Motion recorder, for recording paths and playing back at run time, with multiple path combination possibilities.
    - Aura system, with ground conformation and advanced particle control for radial emission and rotation.
    - Particle Icons system, for multiple possibilities on the rotation & control of particle icons.
    - Toon Particle Shaders, special shaders that can give particles a toon like appearence and borders.
    - Beam system, with reflection handling.
    - Procedural dome shields, with impact ripples.
    - Extensive library with more than 200 pre-made effects, ready to use or to copy properties from.

The framework is written in C# code and the source code is provided.

WIP Thread

Videos

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

The asset has been submitted and is pending review !!!!

Demos:
    Toon Effects Maker Demo
    Sprite Sheet Maker Demo

Introductory price -50% for a limited time !!!

Unity 5 ready

The framework is written in C# code and the source code is provided.

3. sicga123

sicga123

@nasos_333 this is a seperate package it's not going to be included in any of your other packages? I'm asking just before I buy it to make sure.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, this is a separate pack and is focused on putting effects together before going into the dynamics with Particle Dynamic Magic. It also contains a big toon oriented library of effects that will grow over time and is made in a way so it is easy to add custom effects to it.

Besides particles there is also the sheet maker that can be used for turning anything into a sprite sheet, the beam reflection system and the ocean which is also a separate module.

Now i am working on the next update that has two priorities, one is to make the sheet maker multithreaded and the other to offer more options for ocean formations. Plus more library items.

Please remember to leave a review for the pack, so i can work on bringing the next updates faster. I always see my packs as an investment developers make and every review increases this investment for everyone :) and helps me work faster on each update.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

6. sicga123

sicga123

Ok, good to know.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

This pack as usual is going to get a lot of big updates, most of which will be focus on automating gameplay features.

The projectile creation, with sound, blast and light, text is a tool that shows the direction i have in mind for future automations, which will always be connected to the library of effects for easy customization.

I am also eager to see what other tools and behaviors would be desired to have in the editor. Suggestions are always welcome :)

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

A summary of the ready ocean styles included in the demo.

The main scenes (underwater and lava cave) will get regular updates with extra detail and the plan is to create a complete level out of them.

Another island level is also planned, that will use the above ocean samples and extra features for controlling the look in various depths etc

9. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

This looks good but I think you need to make a few more videos and change it a bit to make its differentiation with dynamic magic more clear. Firstly you should make an automation that can take a particle dynamic magic system and record it as a sprite animation so that you can create particle effects that use hardly any cpu usage if you don't need them to be dynamic at runtime. I think you also need to create a collectables maker and automation. For example have a system when you can provide a sprite or mesh and then have options to make a particle suitable to play when it is collected. Think a coin dissapearing into stars in mario for example.

For example in dynamic magic you could create a system then would emit particles based on the sprite but would use more cpu than if it was a baked sprite sheet animation.

You also need to demonstrate the text effects this package can produce. I couldn't see any examples of text effects in the demo.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the input Ian.

The automation for creating sprite sheet from PDM effects already exists, it is the same method for every item and is done in a few clicks through the editor. You just select the PDM effect and click the create sheet in the editor. I will upload and attach the manual that shows the procedure.

There is little overlap with PDM in the pack, the only similar things is the script that moves particles over terrain (the lava flow) and the aura system that is also extended for more control over the particle direction.

Everything else, like the effect creator using the library, ocean system, beams system, motion recorder, most of the library effects etc are new and focused on the creation of effects before play - dynamics mode.

The plan is to offer more example and samples related to Partcle Dynamic Magic in the next update and is indeed a great idea to grab expensive effects like turbulence and other spectacular effects and turn them to 2D as samples in the library. Also these could be linked to the actual PDM effect for the PDM owners, so everything is accessible in one place.

The collectibles automation and combination to PDM is an amazing idea :) and i will try to have it in the next update.

A video for text effects will be added soon.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is the manual link.

I will follow with the text effects video as soon as it is up in vimeo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Toon Effects Maker/TEM MANUAL v1.0.pdf

One thing to note is that the platform must not be webplayer for the sheet maker to work, since i have exluded the parts not compatible with the webplayer for the real time use.

Another tip is to set the viewport to a square resolution, so it can be converted to power of two without changing the effect aspect.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Effects created with Particle Dynamic Magic turbulence and Toon Effects Maker sprite sheet generator (video will follow).

Text effects video

A note on the text system. The text needs the parents to be scaled uniformly to show the way it does on the video. Other non uniform scales will create a skew on the text (which could be used to give another look also)

There is also the option to turn the text towards the camera (enabled in the video), so it looks good from every angle. The system uses a main font for the front and a back font for thickness.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I post some issues i came across while testing the sprite sheet maker with objects (and specifically the InfiniTREE asset, for billboard creation)

- The Editor has an issue where the start color parameter wont transfer correctly to the sheet maker setup and the default reddish background will be used. This creates an issue when there is similar color in the sprite and needs to change. This can be overcome by manually changing the color and adding the sheet maker setup. I found out this as i was working with maple trees today for the billboards and will be fixed in the next version.

- Some transprency exists in the gameobject case, depending on the case. It is usually minor and can be fixed with a image editor by copying the object once over the intial result, but i will be working on having options for this in the next update within the sheet maker.

I will update the notes above as i work more on applying the maker in various situations.

The pics above show the setup and result from a tree (result is duplicated in my image editor and small gaussian blur has been added)

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Paint splash video: Created with Particle Dynamic Magic turbulence and turned to a sprite sheet with Toon Effects Maker sprite sheet generator

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Normal price has been submitted to the store and will be up in a few hours (or days).

Make sure to grab the asset while in discount !!!

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

2D particle collisions are coming soon to the pack. The base system is ready and there is friction and Z-fighting handling, plus much more features.

This mode is ideal for 2D water etc effects

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

v1.1 has been submitted to the store, with a few fixes and usability enchancements

- Fixed an issue with Sprite Sheet Maker initial camera color, that was not setup properly. Now the color is properly set to the chosen one when the Toon Effects Maker editor is used.

- Added warning when Webplayer platform is active, since the Sprite Sheet Maker needs a change to another platform to function properly.

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

For everyone that would like to have a hotfix for the above issue before the pack has passed review (that could take a few days), i can send the corrected script in a PM or email immediately.

Please let me know and i will export a unity package. The major correction is just one small change in one line basically (a static color becomes a variable), so i could simply send the line number and correction as well, so no files are involved.

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker version 1.1 is now up on the store !!!!

This version brings enchancements to the Srite Sheet Creator GUI and a fix for the initial camera color that was not set properly from the Toon Effects Maker editor.

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

WIP for the next update:

- Multithreaded sprite sheet creation, for faster response when creating the atlas
    - Assemble single 2D frames to an atlas option
    - More atlas options for scene rendering
    - Special filters (pixelated output etc)
    - Local ocean shader redirection and effects, for boat waves etc

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker just got new 5-star reviews !!!!

Big thanks to everyone for the amazing response and reviews for the pack !!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  22. meom

meom

How well does this run on mobile and can it be used in 2D?

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The pack is compatible with mobile (all systems are SM2.0), though it is made for PC mainly, so the effects will require some tweaking for performance. All effects are tweakable (particle counts and ocean plane resolution can all be adjusted) and i have included an ocean plane creator for a lower poly plane creation.

The ocean runs in GPU so should be very fast, but the mobile performance will depend a lot on the plane it is applied too and its GPU power.

The system also runs great in orthographic camera (I attach a picture from the ocean sample in ortho mode, with a few rotation tweaks to the planes, the full dynamic nature is availble in ortho mode).

Also it is ideal for turning any item/effect/animation from 3D to 2D sprite sheets for use in 2D, with the included Sprite Sheet Maker system.

I have not included a particle contraint script, but it is trivial to create one. The new collisions system that will be shared with Particle Dynamic Magic 2.0 will also contain a constraint particle behavior for 2D use.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Attached Files:

24. meom

meom

OK, thanks.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker will offer full support and be integrated with the new Massive Adaptive AI & Pathfinding system (MADAi Path), which is currently in the works.

The beam and reflection system is already prototyped for the various mini game templetes that will acompany the system. The sample combat will also use many of the effects in the pack.

Besides Toon effects Maker, the new AI combat samples will offer full integration with Sky Master ULTIMATE, InifniTREE and Particle Dynamic Magic, for all kinds of cool functionality, AI bahaviors and effects.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

A note for using Toon Effects Maker in Unity 5

Since there is no automated way to insert the required layer for the Sprite Sheet creator, it is needed to manually insert the "TEM_Sheet_Maker" layer and tag in the project for the system to function properly.

Also the platform must not be webplayer, in order to properly save the files on the HDD.

These requirements are also described in the manual in more detail.

27. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Looks nice I take it that you could also simulate splashes by throwing out 2d particles that collided with the water line and then were destroyed when they landed back in the water ? I guess you could also use particle collision to make them effect the waves in the water too ? Can the water line be infinite for a surfing game. Can you move the start and end points of the water line so that as a surf board moved along in a scene the water followed it while still maintaining and waves that were in the line that was still on the screen ?

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Ian,

The particle system is already in place and was part of the tutorial i found that i based the system on, so you will see splashes and more in the next video :) after i extend it to reach full potential and optimization.

About affecting the waves, it will be possible, since the plan is to combine it with the 2D collisions system from Particle Dynamic Magic 2, which is also a WIP in the matter of using 2D colliders to emulate water properties.

The water can be infinite theoretically, so i will make sure to add such an option.

I am also looking at metaballs as image effect to render the splashes with a cooler effect, now that Unity 5 has image effects available to everyone.

29. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I am considering buying this as it seems to be very good and well done, and I already have the awesome and amazing Particle Dynamic Magic, and I remember now what you have told me already in the Particle Dynamic Thread (as seen in the quotes links) but I have to see better the demos and see if I really will be able to use it and get benefit from this.

I agree that as you say below and from the demo, the name may be misleading and may let you think that this is only for 2D effects, when really it can be much more

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker full functionality is not possible to showcase in demos, as its most important tools are editors for making sprite sheets from any item / animation and a system for copying effect elements from a big ready to use library. Say you need the motion of a twisted in a particle, but keep all other elements, it is possible to copy just the specific element from any library item to the edited effect for example.

Also it streamlines making projectiles, with light, sound etc

These are mostly aditor features and cant be shown in demos easilly, though i have a demo that shows the sprite sheet creation and how it may be used (the system is not meant for real time use, but i have included a sample of the system used in play time, in case it is required for a specific use)

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

A Unity 2018 version of Toon Effect Maker is now available in Google Drive download.

For Unity 5.6+, remember to define the layer named "TEM_Sheet_Maker", which is used for the creation of sprite sheet procedure (if the sprite sheet maker is used).

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker v2.0 has been submitted to the Unity Asset store.

Toon Effects Maker v2.0
    - Added new screen space rain system
    - Added new Toon shaders
    - Added stylized water shader
    - Added stylized sand shader
    - Added new watercolor Toon shader
    - Adapted for the latest Unity 2018.4 version

Toon Effects Maker is upgradable to InfiniTREE for $20 (vs $60) and to Sky Master ULTIMATE (first buy Sky Master, then Sky Master ULTIMATE in separate order) for $19+$24 = $43 (vs $70) and to Particle Dynamic Magic for $8 (vs $69)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in the 6th Week of the Unity SALE !!!!!
    SkyMaster ULTIMATE is a $15 upgrade from Ethereal or InfiniGRASS for a limited time !!

SkyMaster ULTIMATE upgrades to InfiniTREE ($9) - Advanced FX Creator ($9) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($9) Sun Shafts SRP Beta ($5) - Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)

Asset Store links
    Enjoy :)

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

The following ARTnGAME assets are on -50% discount in Unity Sale !!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE : Volumetric Skies & Weather (50% off)
    Ethereal
    URP - Volumetric Lighting & Fog (50% off)
    InfiniCLOUD HDRP - URP, Volumetric clouds & particles (50% off)
    InfiniGRASS: GPU Vegetation (50% off)
    InfiniTREE - (50% off)
    Toon Effects Maker - (50% off)
    Advanced FX Creator -(50% off)
    Particle Dynamic Magic - (50% off)
    GI Proxy - (50% off)

Secret ARTnGAME sales !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE can upgrade to InfiniGRASS for $19 (vs $59), to Ethereal for $5 and to InfiniTREE ($19) - Sun Shafts SRP ($5) - Advanced FX Creator ($19) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($19) -Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)

Limited ARTnGAME New Year Offer !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE upgrades to InfiniRIVER and to ORION for only $9 !!!

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker URP ULTIMATE

Toon Effects Maker URP ULTIMATE is now announced as a continuation of Toon Effects Maker system for Standard Pipeline, bringing the FX framework to the next level in visuals and effect possibilities for the URP.

Utilizing the latest Shader Graph and Visual Effects Graph, will provide new effects and effect combinations, as well as much improved dynamic effects in shaders for maximum performance.

Toon Effects Maker URP will also be a bonus asset addition to Environment building bundle. More bonus assets are planned for the bundle as well at big (more than 50%) direct upgrade discounts.

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit - Asset Store
    (New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for $99 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker URP - Anime & Cartoon FX has been released at the Unity Asset Store!

The system is in -50% Initial Release Discount for two weeks !

Toon Effects Maker URP ULTIMATE is a continuation of Toon Effects Maker system for Standard Pipeline, bringing the FX framework to the next level in visuals and effect possibilities for the URP.

Utilizing the latest Shader Graph and Visual Effects Graph, provides new effects and effect combinations, as well as much improved dynamic effects in shaders for maximum performance.

Toon Effects Maker New URP Effects Demo
    Toon Effects Maker Base Effects Demo
    Sprite Sheet Maker Demo

Toon Effects Maker URP is also a bonus asset addition to Environment building bundle. The system can be directly upgraded for $15 from the Bundle. More bonus assets are planned for the bundle as well at big (more than 50%) direct upgrade discounts.

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit - Asset Store
    (New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for $99 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker URP v0.2 has been submitted to the Unity Asset store.

Toon Effects Maker URP v0.2
    - Adapted the system to the latest Unity 2021.3.24 LTS version
    - Added new demo scene

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sky Master ULTIMATE, ORION and GIBLION are -50% off in Unity Sale!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE
    can be upgraded to Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 for $5.
    Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021
    can upgrade to the Environment Building Bundle for only $69 for a limited time.
    Toon Effects Maker URP is included in the Environment Building Bundle.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 to Environment Building Bundle for $69 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Toon Effects Maker URP v0.4 has been released at the Unity Asset store.

Toon Effects Maker URP v0.4
    - Added new portal VFX Graph (Video)
    ARTnGAME Sales!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE can be upgraded to Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 for $5.
    Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021
    can upgrade to the Environment Building Bundle for only $79 for a limited time.
    Toon Effects Maker URP can upgrade to the Environment Building Bundle for only $79 for a limited time.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 to Environment Building Bundle for $79 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)