Search Unity

Beware of the Asset Store seller called JOHNSONE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Truthveyor, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Truthveyor

Truthveyor

I have already found that this seller (JOHNSONE) selling another Asset Store seller's model in his cheap packages and reported it to the Unity Asset Store.

If you read this seller's reviews, this seller seems to be stealing other Chinese developers' models and selling them at dirt cheap prices in the Unity Asset Store.

So, buyers beware. You could be in trouble with Chinese developers at some point in the future if you use JOHNSONE's assets in your game.

The Asset Store Team seems unwilling to take down this seller without proof that this seller is selling stolen intellectual properties. I am thinking that by the time it is proven that this seller's assets were stolen properties, a lot more of us will have already been duped by this seller and spent our money.

Thus, I'm posting this warning.

PolytopeStudio and silvematt like this.
  2. silvematt

silvematt

Thanks for sharing, but this post would be more helpful on this section, where all users can read it (the majority of the people who buy on the Asset Store are not publishers).

I hope Unity will ban him soon, there are plenty reviews on his page of people who already discovered that he is stealing other's people work.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    PolytopeStudio likes this.
  3. Truthveyor

Truthveyor

Thanks. I will post it there.

4. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

I see now that the publisher account is gone. I wonder what is happening with the assets he sold.

silvematt likes this.
  5. silvematt

silvematt

I really hope they've all been refunded.

PolytopeStudio likes this.