Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Better support for showcasing code or plugin based work

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by liortal, Nov 9, 2016.

1. liortal

liortal

Hey guys,

I am currently providing Unity dev services through Fiverr, but Connect might be a better fit, as it is centered around Unity.

My gigs involve fixing build issues or providing help with integration or creation of "native" platform plugins (for Android or iOS).

Naturally, these things are less "visual" than say a showcase of models, art or games that I have created or worked on.

Nevertheless, i think there should be some option to post these and gain some exposure so that I could be contacted through the Connect site.

Is this something that is currently supported? or going to be supported soon?

Also, Fiverr takes care of the whole deal - including handling payments. Is this something you're going to integrate? or you are only interested in helping people recruit or hire people to do the tasks they need?

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey liortal!

We definitely want to figure out a way to support developers like yourselves! We have a couple of ideas that focus around offering your array of services (as opposed to showing your projects).

We are probably not going to be processing payments. We are investigating how to use other services to accomplish this though. There are lot of sticky legal issues around a business model like Fiverr's (upwork, ebay, uber, all of these services economy websites have this).

liortal likes this.
  3. liortal

liortal

Great. I will try to work with the system as it is in the meantime, we'll see if it works well for my particular case.

4. markp-unity

markp-unity

Great! Keep me updated with how you're managing your workflow with Connect. It will definitely help us figure out what we need to provide for next!