Search Unity

Better Stability Version?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by thobin, Dec 9, 2018.

1. thobin

thobin

Is there a version other than version 2018.2.7f1 that has less problems, or some settings or installation setup guide some tweaks to help with stability? Because Unity on Linux right now just blows, half the assets I use have problems. I cant be having stuff crap out on me in the middle of a build not to mention it bogs down to a point of un-usability after a few hours or so. So use Linux and fight Unity or use Windows and fight Windows?!?! Don't get me started on the Substance engine I have yet to get that to work.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Without more information than "just blows" and "crap out on me".... no. How about providing actual data instead?

3. thobin

thobin

Buttons and Tool tips for Pro builder highlight no matter where your mouse is on the screen, Control Z lag, any hot key really lags. Substance engine wont load, breaks assets, half of the pop up windows for assets are blank. Cant get what windows that do pop up to stop coming up on the second monitor or lost behind everything. Works great for two to three hours then slowly lags out. Crashes 50% of the time on exit. Scrolling is lagged, I have more. My Machine is a fine tuned high end rig 16 gig of ram all the bells and whistles. Runs every thing great but this, I even spent an hour fighting my Windows side just to use Unity and the last time I loaded Winblows was 2 years ago!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  4. mageaster

mageaster

Do you use spherical "Linux" built from scratch, or the exact distro of exact version with exact graphic environment?

5. thobin

thobin

I use Mint 18.3, I would have to admit 2018.3 works a lot better. I still have a few UI problems. Substance still wont work, but it don't work half the time in Windows.

6. labandunga

labandunga

I'm on 2018.2.16f and have no crashes or bugs that are out of the ordinary for Unity.