Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Beta Testers Needed: Who wants to play with some spiders?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Tovey-Ansell, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Tovey-Ansell

Tovey-Ansell

Hey peeps! I’ve been working on a virtual reality exposure therapy system for near three years now, and it’s finally entering its final stages of development… now I just need some testers!

The system is designed to prove the concept of VR exposure therapy by presenting the user with a series of games, each involving spiders. The initial levels start off really gently, but towards the end, you’ll be picking the spiders up with your own two hands! (well, your own two motion controllers).

It’s definitely not designed to be a horror game or to deliberately scare you in any way, simply to provide a safe environment to interact with spiders in a gamified way. If you want to know more, I’d love it if you could check out the demo video below.

I’m looking for anyone with a VR headset with touch controllers. I myself have a Rift CV1, so I really have no idea how the system performs on the Quest, the RiftS, etc. I’m also not sure if its compatible with HTC Vive, or the Valve Index, but if you have either of these, it would still be amazing if you feel like giving it a go and letting me know if it works!

Any kind of fear of spiders would be ideal, but this really isn’t required, I’m more looking for feedback on the system in general, if you find any bugs, how it performs, if it’s intuitive, etc.

If you’d like to give this a try, drop a comment and I’ll reach out with my most recent build and a feedback form - I’d really appreciate it :D

tacopersec and glenneroo like this.