Search Unity

[BETA TEST] Cartoon Heroes Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogzerx2, Jul 24, 2017.

1. GreenTraveler

GreenTraveler

i love the male version how soon is he gonna be available

dogzerx2 likes this.
  2. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Thank you!!! I estimate in 2 or 3 days, I just need to do the animations now :)

GreenTraveler likes this.
  3. Wandersoul

Wandersoul

I'd be interested. What price point are you planning on?

4. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Hey Wandersoul!! :)

If you're referring the upcoming robot for the existing robot pack, the final price is going to be $30 (It is an asset not related to Cartoon Heroes)

Regarding Cartoon Heroes, I will be doing a re-make of the (currently deprecated asset) in such a way it's easy to use and free of scripts. Not sure about the price yet!

5. GreenTraveler

GreenTraveler

do you have any plans on updating the female bots texture like the males with the scratches separate, i was trying to clean them up to be clean like the males but its...a task lol

dogzerx2 likes this.
  6. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Oh... I didn't even realize you'd want them without the scratches. It'd certainly be a task to remove them by hand.

I have a goal to start adding texture variations to everything... right now it's 1 model 1 texture... which is kind of ridiculous. It would be great that everything had alternative materials/colors.

I'll be sure when I do that on the robots there's a 'clean' version, no scratches... with/without stripes, etc. And maybe the opposite, absolutely wrecked full of scratches, rust, etc.

7. GreenTraveler

GreenTraveler

oh wow just saw the lil roly poly bot, im excited..im having a blast playing around with the other robots i cant wait for this guy to join em lol

dogzerx2 likes this.
  8. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

it's all coming very soon!!! ^^

I will have to do some changes to it because it looks too similar to an existing robot from Overwatch... and I fear trouble
    this is what happens when you don’t play enough video games kids!

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  9. Acissathar

Acissathar

Are these style characters still a future possibility or have they been scrapped?

10. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

My plan is to completely re-do them from scratch. No scripts, just a base animation skeleton, and a variety of legs/torso/head/hair to parent on the animated skeleton.
    Prefabs will come prepared in various combinations out-the-box, but any in-game customization would have to be scripted by the user.

Acissathar likes this.
  11. Acissathar

Acissathar

Looking forward to it! These are some of my favorite character + style designs.

Having the user script their own customization makes sense too and I've seen a quite a few other authors do that as well, so it's at least common place.

dogzerx2 likes this.
  12. kilik128

kilik128

little question about animation workflow you use what's tool ?

13. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

I used 3ds max

I'm doing the entire pack from scratch. The plan is to make it very simple. Just several torsos, legs, and hairs.

It will replace the old project, so anyone who wants to keep the old files could download & back up. Afterwards you can contact me with the invoice number and receive the old project

kilik128 likes this.
  14. GreenTraveler

GreenTraveler

Will there be a skin version because I would like to be able to have a base model I can make different textures for clothes and an armored version, so i can have loot progression?

dogzerx2 likes this.
  15. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

What does skin version mean? Like a base model? I might as well do it as I sculpted the base model already so I can easily just add clothing on top in Zbrush

16. GreenTraveler

GreenTraveler

yeah like these from the original package

dogzerx2 likes this.
  17. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Going to see if I can get away with having the base model be separated in parts

18. GreenTraveler

GreenTraveler

looks like its going to be awesome, i cant wait

DrOcto and dogzerx2 like this.
  19. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Thank you so much for your encouraging words!! If this works well (and I'm sure it will) it will allow a lot of combinations of torso/head/legs, easy to modify with blendshapes, and texture alternatives

20. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Moving the character pieces to Unity

I'm going to get these first set of pieces rigged with a few basic animations, then I will proceed to making more sets that are compatible with each other

kilik128 and rrahim like this.
  21. TidyDev

TidyDev

Looking great! Will the gloves and boots be separated too in the final release?

dogzerx2 likes this.
  22. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Thanks! I can offer variations with and without gloves, lighter and heavier armor. But sadly I wont do overlaying meshes.

23. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

So basically there will be a skeleton version that will contain the animation, and then I parent the segments on it

I'm going to have to break the "no script" idea and add a script to quickly change the parts, because parenting each bone is a pain in the butt to manage. Say for example you change your mind and want to parent something else, going through every bone is a mess, it MUST be done via script, never by hand.

Plus it's a very simple script, there's truly no sense in not doing it.

Also I want to include the cool inertia script I had in the original Cartoon Heroes, it's another script that's extremely simple, but it really improves the character to have things like hair have some inertia/secondary animation

Also (trying very hard not to go down a slippery slope here) but I really think I should separate "skin" and "cloth" materials... some parts would have 2 materials, but you would be able to switch SKIN COLOR separately from the clothes

24. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Testing character configuration script:

Later on I'm going to make a "buttons mode" where you can just click on the buttons to select the character parts easily. So you can switch between config mode and simple button mode

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    GreenTraveler and Acissathar like this.
  25. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Some progress:

KeithBrown likes this.
  26. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Finished 4th set of torso & legs for male and female (that's if I include the base model torso and legs)

I'll stop doing clothes and move on to making various heads and hairs, some swords, and maybe do a first release.

CreativeEnd and KeithBrown like this.
  27. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

First set of characters!!

I'm going to add some color options for clothes, hair, weapon, and some blendshapes to customize body and face

rco251 and Acissathar like this.