Search Unity

1. Click here to receive a gift with your purchase of Unity Pro or Unity Enterprise.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[BETA PROGRAM] Landscape Builder - realworld, GPU acceleration, prefab placement

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sstrong, Apr 30, 2016.

1. netpost

netpost

@sstrong

I just bought this great asset. I am using Unity 2019.3.13 and have a small problem with the picker volume not showing in V 2.3.3. even if the picker is enabled. I can see the area and change it's size but don't see the actual preview. Perhaps I need to do something in the setup to make it work? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. sstrong

sstrong

Which picker are you using and is this built-in Render Pipeline, HDRP or URP?

3. netpost

netpost

@sstrong

That was a fast reply. Thanks!

I am using the buit-in render pipeline. In the Topography I have restrict area enabled and I don't see any preview of the heightmap layer I am trying to generate, only previewing the area but I can't see the volume that will be generated.

4. sstrong

sstrong

Generally we don't preview the shape of the landscape as that would require running the full topography loop. However, if you are using an Image Modifier layer, you can see the rough shape of the layer in the editor. On the Advanced tab, under "Options" you can tick "Show Full Mesh" to get a shaded preview of the Image Modifier layer shape. Image Modifier layers can be rotated, resized and raised or lowered in the editor.

You can combine multiple Topography layer types together. For example you could have a perlin base layer and one or more image modifier layers.

Typically you can re-iterate over the landscape multiple times by just changing values and reapplying the topography.

eaque likes this.
  5. sstrong

sstrong

upload_2020-10-26_9-12-25.png

@netpost mesh preview of Image Modifier Layer - this one is Death Valley in USA.

eaque likes this.
  6. netpost

netpost

@sstrong

Yes, Image modifier layer was the solution I was looking for. It works well now! Thanks again for the quick reply and support.

eaque and sstrong like this.
unityunity