Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

beta 21 terrain Standard shader - no normals/specular after baking

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Kubold, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

It's great you finally threw in a PBR terrain shader to beta 21. It looks absolutely awesome, when no lighting is baked whatsoever.

However, when I bake the lighting (Directional Specular, Manually Baked), the terrain becomes totally flat and looses bump mapping. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just "work in progress" shader (I bet it is, but do you know about the problem)?

2. zeroyao

zeroyao

Unity Technologies

Hi,

That definitely seems wrong. Please file a bug to us.

3. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi there,

i guess this is related to bug 662877:

Using a custom surface shader (which the standard terrain shader is) that takes advantage of the "UnityPBSLighting" lighting gets „corrupted“ if one switches to: General GI -> „Directional“ or —> „Directional Specular“.
    If you look into the generated shader code you will see that the compiler always adds:
    #pragma multi_compile_fwdbase nodirlightmap

lars

4. Kubold

Kubold

Right. I'm in the middle of testing now, but I'll just give it a rest thanks to your info.

Unity 5 looks awesome and works very fast anyway, even without any GI baked. I guess I'll just leave the lighting of my levels to the end of production, maybe all will be in better state then. And even if not, it still looks waaaaaay better than Unity 4, even with Skyshop.