Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

beta (2021.2.0b9) has reimported game 5x so far

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by radiantboy, Sep 6, 2021.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

Been waiting over a week now for the beta to stop importing, keeps claiming it needs to reimport materials. It should keep a list and skip ones which are done, it appears to check them and maybe skip them but it is still bloody slow compared to a list which would be instant. It seems to crash, need to start again and get a little further each tie, which is horrible when you have a million files in your project.

2. radiantboy

radiantboy

It just reimports materials forever on loop. No idea why unity is so retarded,

3. radiantboy

radiantboy

BUGGY AS HELL,
    <rant deleted, cannot import materials without crashing in loop>

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  4. TomTheMan59

TomTheMan59

radiantboy likes this.
  5. Rallix

Rallix

So, to test an experimental feature you're interested in, you guys updated everybody at the studio to the latest, unstable version of the editor, before an important deadline? And then when things don't quite work out, which can always happen in a beta version, you don't have a way to possibly roll back to the version you were using previously?

I know it sucks, but a better approach could have been to have one person test the experimental features on a copy of your project, and when you find bugs/inconveniences like this, report them so they can be fixed in time for the stable version and before you start using it for real.

JoNax97 likes this.
  6. radiantboy

radiantboy

Correct, I am a fool.. and I am sorry for my anger.. VERY close to going back to a MUCH WELCOME backup :) I was too excited by FSR. To clarify I am not really a studio, just one man in his living room, I should have tried on another PC but I do not have one, my budget is low. I was a fool, but no worries I have a backup :) Sometimes my gamble with BETA has worked. Thanks guys.

PS- I think there is no point in a beta if they havent even tried it on their problematic projetrs,

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Honestly don't worry, none of this matters. What matters is you really give everyone a chance to help you achieve your dreams. It might not be perfect (Unity is not perfect either) but I think something positive and cool can be done!

radiantboy likes this.
  8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

@radiantboy could you please submit a bug report for this issue and reply with the Issue ID in here? What does the log say?

9. lawsonh

lawsonh

@radiantboy try opening an empty project in Unity, go to Preferences > General > Uncheck Compress assets on import.
    Now try to open your project again