Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Beta 14 Unity VS

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by AdamGoodrich, Nov 24, 2014.

1. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

This seems not to work with Beta 14.

I had it in project from earlier beta, but it stopped opening the correct file.

So I deleted asset and re-added - and it failed to import. Bad to worse :)

Any suggestions on a workaround for this ?

2. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Hey Adam! What version of UnityVS are you using? Microsoft released a Preview of Version 2.0 to worth with Visual Studio 2015 but they also have versions for VS2010 and VS2013. These should work with the new beta... at least they do with Beta 13 but I haven't tried 14 yet:

http://unityvs.com/news/

3. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hi Dustin :) I am using latest - 1.9.8 / VS2013. It was fine in beta 13, broken in beta14.
    Not too sure why anyone would use the mono editor when you can get VS community edition for free now. Yechho!

4. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

It appears to work for me. I'm using VS2013 Ultimate and Unity beta 14.

5. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hmmm - i am using the same. If you delete Unity VS, close Unity, and then open and re-import does it still work ? I am also using a fresh Update 4 VS install, but cant see how that would affect anything.

6. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Not sure it its relevant - am running 64 bit version of unity, but importing the plugin asset package from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Unity\2013 (i.e. 32 bit). Am running fresh install of windows 8.1 pro x64.

Attached a screen shot of the import. It does not show the content of the package, and while it creates some empty directories, no actual content is imported.

Attached Files:

7. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Ok - so here is how i worked around it. I manually copied the files from another project and it started working. Seems like the real issue here is an asset import issue as you can see from the screen shot above.

8. Immanuel-Scholz

Immanuel-Scholz

Just to add: I ran into the same problem and came to the same conclusion: Unity 5 - 64bit fails to import 32 bit dll's although they run fine once they are manually imported.

For anyone who does not have an pre-5.0 installation anymore: You can actually open the file "Visual Studio 2012 Tools.unitypackage" in any modern archive tool (I use "Total Commander"). It seems to be a tar.gz file. Then you extract the files "asset" in the several directories and name them after the content of the "pathname" file.

I wouldn't want to do this for dozends of files, but its okish if you need to extract the two dll's of unityvs.. ;)

WendelinReich likes this.
  9. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Except I use the 64-bit Unity 5 beta and import Visual Studio Tools for Unity just fine. I'm using the newest VS Tools beta release for Visual Studio 2013.