Search Unity

BestGameRPGMOBATCGTBS

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by yuno44907, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuno44907

yuno44907

I have a game design idea:
    There will be a map which one you can move in it. Each character will have a speed and range, range and speed gets more expensive as you increase them. You will have cards for casting skills. It will be multiplayer deathmatch arena survival game. Monsters will spawn and attack nearest player. As you kill you will gain things and get stronger. Game based on collecting, trading cards or destroying them for get money. There will be classes and heroes which one use special and different cards. And heroes may have special powers, stats, passives. It is a deathmatch survival game based on luck and your choices. You are able to choose your cards and hero but other things will be random.
    This game will be like combination of those games: cardhunter, oversoul, arena of heroes(shutdown), duelyst, hearthstone, project zomboid, wakfu

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You trolling us?

3. yuno44907

yuno44907

If i post a giant text wall, you will not read.

4. michal_k

michal_k

If you are working alone my rough estimate is it will take you ~10 years to finish such game.

5. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

You know...a Sword Art Online MMORPG actually sounds more reasonable as a project. ;)

Also - if your idea is so good, do it! Idea guys are not well-respected in game development, because the time spent typing out idea after idea is better spent building a prototype and proving an idea.

TL;DR - Do > Show > Tell.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  6. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Sounds interesting. If you start now by the next Feedback Friday you should have be able to get a very basic version of the game up n running.

Martin_H and AndrewGrayGames like this.
  7. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

So you are serious about this? The best next step would be to get up a MVP so you can start seeing what's happening.

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to respond to every baboon posting his next magnum opus involving several teraflop mmo servers.

9. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

But, if we don't, we fail to justify the random post about how "oldbies" are crushing newbie's souls and/or dreams... :(

If I'm going to be a villain, I don't want to be a nonsensically written Star Trek villain. I want to be good at being bad.

Kiwasi likes this.
  10. yuno44907

yuno44907

What is MVP, what did you mean?
    Garbenjamin, are you serious? Why dont you steal my idea and get rich?

I just wanted a card game, a turn based rpg with a board like chess.. There is already made games like Card Hunter or Duelyst. I want random loots, random enemies; funny and stupid things. Games today are not perfect. All games are boring and all of them like puzzle. I missed old games which one nearly always about luck and randomness. And games you can build your own character and abuse game mechanics insanely.

Games today are too stupid and boring. Game must be turnbased and we must use cards and nearly everything must be random. We must be able to choose and create and design. I want ridiclous monsters and ridiclous chests treasures..

TY BB

11. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

MVP means "minimally viable product". ExtraCreditz to the rescue!

Ryiah and Kiwasi like this.
  12. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

TY BB thread. Don't bother posting again unless you have something to show, and are not argumentative with long-standing users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.