Search Unity

Feedback BestFPS: v1.0 | Full Body Character Controller for Playmaker [SINGLEPLAYER] [MULTIPLAYER]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Meka_Games, Feb 27, 2023.

1. petr0nije

petr0nije

Yes, I'm in eu. It just writes, join room failed

2. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

When this happens, don't close the game, just press esc and go back to the lobby and recreate the room.

3. Mittius

Mittius

In this asset, there is no possibility to use outer melee weapons, so there is no function of throwing melee weapons.

PS: Meka, think about releasing add-ons for BestFPS. Melee weapon system like in Zombie Shooter Asset, bow, crafting and building system, sticky grenade, flashlight, etc. Personally, I would love to buy such addons. The fact that your assets are incompatible with each other is a huge minus. Therefore, paid add-ons would solve this problem.

trustpivot likes this.
  4. paulojsam

paulojsam

cant agree more Mittius :p

5. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

There's a reason I don't include these kinds of things in the pack, I give people an opportunity to do something original with this pack. It is impossible to have all the features you want in one package, the things you want contradict each other.

I don't think I will add addons. I guess I won't be releasing a new asset for a long time.
    I created and published all the things people wanted from me for Playmaker. This includes fps, tps, 2d, AI, guns, melee weapons, interaction, save system, multiplayer and many many more..

I think I have completed my mission. I will continue to update the assets. But I will take a break for a while.

trustpivot likes this.
  6. Mittius

Mittius

How do I add/remove a weapon to the spawner in multiplayer version?

7. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Hi. The tutorial video for multiplayer is still in progress. Stay tuned.

8. Mittius

Mittius

If anyone has the same problem, the solution is:

"Item Spawner.prefab" > Item Spawner FSM > Name of weapon State (item.shotgun, for example) > *Select game object* (choose the auto-pick up weapon prefab which you want)

Meka_Games likes this.
  9. Andriska07

Andriska07

Hmmm, in MP sometimes I cannot shoot or pickup the green-clouded weapons even I have no any weapon. Sometimes cannot change the controls and cannot go out from the pool (jump isn't worked to go out)
    It's very needed a bot with gun even in SP and MP. Can I mix SP, MP and Parkour into one project, I mean into one game?

10. Mittius

Mittius

The same problem - sometimes can't pick up auto pickable weapons even if I don't have any weapon. The problem is observed on a clean version of the game without any edits.

11. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

I'll investigate it.

Mittius likes this.
  12. Andriska07

Andriska07

Thanks! But what about the other part of the question? "Can I mix SP, MP and Parkour into one project, I mean into one game?" It's really important, because I want to use your asset

13. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

No sadly, All my assets can not be mixed together. But you can SP and MP in a game with this package.

14. Andriska07

Andriska07

Ok, thanks for the answer. As I saw the parkour is an older asset, maybe you made it with codes. Really interesting those small spheres, you used. I made the hanging in my game (vertical and horizontal movings on a wall by rays, but I think your solution works with sphere triggers, which is better I think. Anyway, I'll try to mix the animations by playmaker or by bolt, because that is a really great asset.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  15. Andriska07

Andriska07

I bought all, and now I'm really-really excited :D

16. Mittius

Mittius

Why did you buy everything, knowing that you can't combine them? o_O

17. Andriska07

Andriska07

You said SP and MP can be combinated, the other necessary assets are: Playmaker and EasySave. I hope somehow I can add the parkour system later to the project. Now SP is working 100% and go to the next step: MP.

In the video you typed 0 against 3 at the input configuration Vertcal DPAD's garvity. Plus after I installed the SP it resetted all config what I had to do in the Player Settings, so after it I had to do the settings again.

I'm wonder how can I mixing MP and SP. If you have some important suggest, please let me know

18. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

When I said "SP and MP can be mixed", I meant that SP and MP Player Prefabs are separate. You can add a story to the game. By putting a button in the main menu, players can fight with each other online or even play co-op in the same story style. Of course, you need to have advanced knowledge of Playmaker for this.

Do not select the project settings part when importing. If you do, all of the Player settings you have made will be reset.

Honestly, it is quite difficult to combine this asset with the parkour system. I myself may not be able to do this because their purposes of creation are different and the systems are completely different. Therefore, it is much better to use these types of packages to learn.

trustpivot likes this.
  19. Andriska07

Andriska07

I'll create the main menu, but still I don't know what parameters need to add to the button for online game. My target is the Coop game, I wa really sad when I had to disable it in my game before.

I never worked with Playmaker, only with codes. But this was a main reason when I bought your assets, because I wanted to change from coding.

Yesterday I could import MP and added the game to photon, but it started very slow and now it doesn't start, so I have to figure the correct steps.

20. Andriska07

Andriska07

it's incredible how unstable Unity has become, in some ways. If I zip the whole project and unzip it again, it gives me a bunch of error messages, I practically have to reinstall playmaker and pun, but the animations still don't work. There is something wrong with source control, since they introduced Plastic SCM I have been avoiding it, but unzipping from zip or a full copy should work. Deleting Library folder doesn't help. What happened?

21. BioBurden

BioBurden

The biggest missing feature is enemy AI that actually shoot at you imo.

22. Mittius

Mittius

is there any change with this?

23. trustpivot

trustpivot

Any update on the multiplayer tutorial? Looking forward into diving into that more!

24. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Hi,

I am currently away from home due to a special situation.

I'm so sorry for the delay. I will inform you very soon.

25. trustpivot

trustpivot

No worries, I hope and pray everything will be good.

26. paulojsam

paulojsam

any news?

Mittius likes this.
  27. trustpivot

trustpivot

Any updates on this? Hope all is well.

28. BioBurden

BioBurden

Has this asset been abandoned?

29. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

No. What did you see to say Abandoned?
    There's no reason to abandon my best asset.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  30. BioBurden

BioBurden

Sorry, wasn't seeing any replies.

31. paulojsam

paulojsam

when will the multiplayer tutorial be ready please?

32. jschalky

jschalky

I have just purchased, i have setup as per documentation however frame rate is very low. around 25fps sometimes i can load the game and its okay but usually its quite poor. its just a basic the empty scene that comes with the package.

33. BioBurden

BioBurden

Any sign of the multiplayer tutorial?

34. BioBurden

BioBurden

I purchased the single-player version and I notice some bugs with the weapon wall-avoidance logic. My weapon gets stuck in a raised up position (eg. sniper rifle) and if I then ADS, it zooms into the raised-up model. Please advise.

35. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Can you share you screen on discord? Please p.m me.

36. trustpivot

trustpivot

You have a Discord? I would love to join your server!

37. BioBurden

BioBurden

Hi @Meka_Games - quick question, what's the purpose of the variables that all have a series of numbers? Eg. Can_aim? 1, 2, 3 etc. I mean, why so many different ones? I see this for a few different variables throughout the FSMs.

Also, why do many wait and delay-type actions? I'm not entirely sure why these are used at all, but they do seem to slow down the responsiveness at times.

Many thanks for your help.

38. ufosau

ufosau

hi i have same problem.
    My weapon gets stuck in a raised up position (eg. sniper rifle) and if I then ADS, it zooms into the raised-up model.

39. BioBurden

BioBurden

You'll need to fix this yourself. In the Aim Manager FSM (located on the Weapon Manager game object of the weapon prefab) add a new variable, Can aim? 6 and add it to the list of boolean checks. Then in the Weapon Collider FSM, add a Set FSM Boolean action to both states, one to set it to true, the other to false. I'm other words, when the weapon has collided with a wall, we want to set Can aim? 6 to false, otherwise we set it to true. I hope that helps.

40. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

It's probably tags/layers problem. Please watch the installation video carefully. Make sure you set the layer collision matrix correctly.

41. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

It is logic. They are set from other FSMs. Just like weapon collision.

42. BioBurden

BioBurden

Ah, so instead of multiple states trying to modify a single variable, which would get messed up pretty quickly, they all modify their "own ones" and you ultimately have a check for all booleans. Makes sense.
    What about the wait stuff? I'm not quite sure why there's a lot of waits for like 0.01, or actions with "delayed" in the name. Thanks for your help.

43. johny256

johny256

Do you plan to add a main menu system? spawn enemi to world and lot spavning? and inventory system?

44. malditonuke

malditonuke

Is the multiplayer version server authoritative or client authority?

45. BioBurden

BioBurden

@Mekka_Games I'm curious to know which of your FPS templates you prefer for single-player games? BestFPS or your Zombie Shooter template?

46. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

I created BestFPS based on the feedback I received from all of my other assets. I've packed all the desired features into one asset.

I recommend BestFPS, which is my most detailed, optimized, and powerful asset. It also includes Easy Save support.

47. BioBurden

BioBurden

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Do you have any further plans to improve it in any way?

48. BioBurden

BioBurden

Finally got around to leaving a review. :)

Meka_Games likes this.
  49. FarhezAhmed

FarhezAhmed

Please make it compatible with emerald ai

50. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

can anyone help me implelemt car setup for playmaker with this asset? xD