Search Unity

Best way to post-edit state machine animation with Playables

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Arnai, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Arnai

Arnai

Hello Animators,

I'm currently trying out the Playables API for my facial animation and liking it so far. But I am not sure on how to properly integrate it with state machine-based body animation.

So far I tried creating an AnimatorControllerPlayable for the controller containing the state machine with the humanoid body animation. Then I used AnimationLayerMixerPlayable to blend it with my face animation clip playable. The face animation layer in the AnimationLayerMixerPlayable is in additive mode, similar to how it would be if I were to use a state-machine for facial animation. The state-machine itself only contains a single layer with a single clip.

This breaks the blendshapes of the facial animation. Their weights take to extreme values that only get larger over time. The joint-based animations (body + jaw rotation from the facial animation clip) still play as normal. Since I am super new to Playables I am really not sure what is going wrong here. Any help is appreciated!

The Playables Graph:
    graph.png
    Results in Play Mode: blendshapes.png

2. Baste

Baste

I have created a bug report for the stuff-grows-over-time bug, and it's apparently getting fixed. I got an email from @DavidGeoffroy, sharing it here since it could help you and it's not very confidential:

Arnai likes this.
  3. Arnai

Arnai

Cool, thanks for sharing.

Btw, is there any way to get notified when a bug such as this is fixed? Any web-platform where patch logs are posted or the like?

4. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

5. Bogdan_Nikolayev

Bogdan_Nikolayev

Last edited: May 22, 2022