Search Unity

Best way to debug analytics

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Reddevildragg, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Reddevildragg

Reddevildragg

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on the best way to debug analytics since the removal of the validator earlier in the year.

Ive currently got a couple of days to add an analytics system into an application, With the validator gone im not sure what the best way to quickly test if events are begin captured correctly. I have a debug out with the results saying "ok" so i can guess that this is working. But with events taking up to 24 hours to show on the dashboard i can not validate this while linking up the events.

When playing the application in the editor or as a build i can not see my "active users" increase on the dashboard either so this makes me question the setup and if in 24 hours time ill find out its not worked at all.

Thanks for any help/pointers

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Great question! As long as you can see your Analytics dashboard AND you receive OK from your event in the Editor via Debug.Log () or print(), you can be guaranteed that it's working. A great way to make sure that you are properly sending events from both the Editor and when published on a device, you can use Charles Proxy. It's a bit tedious to install but if a step is missed the capture will still be encrypted and not entirely useful. For Android, you'll need to add the charlesproxy.unitypackage for example https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity