Search Unity

Best Way To Create/Implement Animations Involving Multiple Models

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ConnorPenrod, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ConnorPenrod

ConnorPenrod

Hello.
    I've recently been working on a little project to figure out how to create the "instant kill" animations that you see in games like Assassin's Creed, where two biped models synchronize their animations and duke it out. I'm easily able to make the animation for each model in Blender, but after that I'm unsure how to go about getting it to look realistic in Unity. Mainly, I'm wondering how you make sure that you have the correct distance between the models when the animations start. Right now I'm lerping the player character to an arbitrary distance from the enemy right before the animation starts; that looks sort of good. However, I want it to be exact. I tried using an empty as a marker when exporting from Blender, but apparently empties don't export to Unity, they just disappear. Also, how do IK solvers on blender armatures import into Unity? If I have one model IK targeting the shoulder of the other model, so that the hand of one model is always on the shoulder of the other, what will happen in Unity when I export it. Thanks in advance for any advice.​

2. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Is this something near what you said? I created this with my extension
    You could try with the demo. ( when you use 'E' successfully block the enemy attack, you will see such multi-model 'prefab action' )

Check the knowledge base, there are more videos and demos

3. ConnorPenrod

ConnorPenrod

Wow, that does look like a really helpful tool. Unfortunately I'm just a hobbyist, so I probably won't buy it for a short side project. Very cool stuff though.

4. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Nevermind :) , if you ever get interested, you could ask me for details anytime.

5. Stephanommg

Stephanommg

Is there any other way to do this?
    I know it is possible to make an animation with multiple rigs in blender, but i dont know how it works in Unity. If you use Mechanim it "breaks" the animation, but what if you use the Generic animations?