Search Unity

Best Way for 2D Side Scrolling Movement

Discussion in '2D' started by RetroboltGames, May 9, 2019.

1. RetroboltGames

RetroboltGames

Hello!

I've been making games for some time in other engines, but have just now moved to unity. I've gotten use to the editor, but platform movement programming is quite the challenge right now; even the seemly simple action of jumping with height based on the length the button is press has me pulling out hair. (It's okay though, I have an Afro, so their's plenty of hair to spare.)

What is the best way for a professional 2D game that would appear on Steam or game consoles?

Have asset add-on's like the Corgi Engine and others like it ever worked professionally?

I've been researching the development of games made in unity like Cuphead and Night in the Woods, but most don't really talk about it or are tight lipped. If you have any info on professionally made game, I'd love to hear it.

There's so much information that it's hard to find out what works and what's outdated or of poor programming conduct. The main thing I've found out is not to use the built-in physics, do the numbers yourself, so where would I start with that?

Anything you have to provide will be well appreciated,

Thanks

pcb060 likes this.
  2. RetroboltGames

RetroboltGames

3. kdgalla

kdgalla