Search Unity

Video Best video recording solution for mobile cross-plat

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BinaryBanana, Sep 3, 2019.

1. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

Hi,
    I am looking for the recommendation for the video recording solution that will work on Android and iOS. I want to capture provided frames (from screen, I have a texture already, NOT webcam) and I want to include an audio from mic.

I want to save it locally.

I know everyplay is not around anymore. I haven't found any reasonable plugins in assets store (please advise if there is anything).

I also found Unit's Recorder: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.recorder@2.0/manual/index.html so I want to try to borrow some of that code (based on MediaEncoder) and customize it into my needs.

Is there any better recommendation? Any good/bad experience?

2. zakpacha

zakpacha

I was in your position before, about 3 months ago.
    First solution was that I used native plugins for each platform, used iOS ReplayKit, and for android used the MediaRecorder API.

This worked great but it was too much to manage for me personally, as my project has large demands.

Otherwise if you're willing to spend some money check out natcorder. I'm using it currently and it's great!

BinaryBanana likes this.
  3. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

Thanks! I will check it out!

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Did you have a look at Cross Platform Replay Kit ?

Feature set
    • Unified API for iOS and Android
    • Screen Record complete screen with microphone(including UI)
    • Preview Recorded Video
    • Single API for both iOS and Android Platforms
    • Recorded File access and sharing (beta available - will be available out soon to asset store)

Forum post over here.