Search Unity

Best Unity laptop on a budget of £700 UK Pounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkarateking, Aug 8, 2016.

1. jkarateking

jkarateking

I live in the UK and I need a laptop on a budget of £700.

I need a laptop and not a desktop because I need a laptop for College. In my spare time I will be using it to learn Unity. Which laptop on a budget of £700 is decent for Unity?

2. Balthamet

Balthamet

3. xjjon

xjjon

Do you want to develop for iOS?

You will need a Mac to do that, if not then I like the Dells. Lenovo you can get slightly better specs for less $$ but I find them less reliable.

4. jkarateking

jkarateking

5. jkarateking

jkarateking

Well I will start with just developing for PC.

6. Balthamet

Balthamet

7. Balthamet

Balthamet

8. Player7

Player7

UK laptop prices make me sick

well they sure do suck.

Maybe consider buy desktop components and making one of these fine things... powercord required :D

9. KnightsHouseGames

KnightsHouseGames

Can you even buy a computer for that much money these days? Especially with the punch to the face the British Pound took recently.

I mean, besides a Raspberry Pi or a Chromebook?

10. jkarateking

jkarateking

1 pound is still worth more than 1 euro or 1 dollar

11. Ryiah

Ryiah

12. QFSW

QFSW

Stupid prices here aren't because of Brexit or anything. We've always had things be far more expensive than in the US

13. xjjon

xjjon

Same in Germany. I saved money actually by actually buying a laptop in New York and flying back. (Plane ticket included) when buying laptop, tablet, and camera.

14. Player7

Player7

Only one problem with that is, if anything goes wrong with any of those products, it's likely going to get real expensive to get repairs/replacements, and you'll have to send things back overseas to the manufactures in the country of purchase origin. Regardless of if the product is the exact F***ing same thing sold all around the world.

I had a similar problem with ScamScumg they wouldn't repair their faulty product because it was bought from USA, (albeit I got it earlier than its EU release date which was months later) and I'd need to send it back overseas to get a replacement even though the same product had then become available locally ...oh that and they wouldn't send it back out of country after replaced in USA .... after already being royally screwed by import duty rats just getting it here in the first time, I didn't bother couldn't trust them to not F*** that one up aswel. Could end up paying 100's more than the S*** was worth in the first place.

15. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

My friend bought a labtop for 1400 Canadian, but I guess that's only 1000 USD, and it wasnt even able to use the unity editor without it glitching out and running poorly.

16. Ryiah

Ryiah

Are you certain it was the fault of the laptop? :p

QFSW likes this.
  17. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Only to people on the island. :p
    Why are prices so wacked out there? Is there high import tariffs or some crap government taxes on non UK based products?